ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Killed another Red......they seem to be active this year....be careful if you live in an area that might have rattlers.....Sylvia walked out of the house to go get Sarah off the bus and she almost stepped on it.....she heard the rattles.....very lucky.....

more rattlers 002.JPG

Reactions: Le Tigre
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
That's a big boy.... I know I've killed two at my house so far this year... It;s been dry and hot, think they came out of hibernation much earlier than the normally do...

Killed several of the red ones last year, had one that was 59" and was a big fat one...

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
That's a big boy.... I know I've killed two at my house so far this year... It;s been dry and hot, think they came out of hibernation much earlier than the normally do...

Killed several of the red ones last year, had one that was 59" and was a big fat one...
I got one like that last year Gary.....still freaks me out how big that one was.....

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Just sick Beau on them, done deal.:D
I stuck Beau inside while I chopped it's haed off.....after I let Beau out and as soon as he saw that thing he bit it ans shook it.....lol......I was trying to put it in a bag for the freezer....Brent Ikari wants to use it in a rod......

Reactions: Le Tigre and 45king
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
You want to teach your dog to stay away form those Rattlers, my dog goes after non poisonous snakes, but he keep a distance from rattlers so far anyway, I killed one in his dog run about 10 days ago, he kept his distance and was barking at it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Frank, I had some workers repairing my slab in Mexico where squirrels had burrowed in. They were digging the hole out to pour concrete and out come three sidewinders. These guys could have won Olympic gold they ran away so fast... :D

Upvote 0

Assalt Weapon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 15, 2004
CA
Name
Bryan
Boat
Glacier Bay 2240SX
I was born and raised Texas..
Killed a ton of rattle snakes.

Hell most of our dogs were immune to them, due to the number of times they had been bitten.

One thing we did, is train our dogs to bark at them, even fed the snakes to them, yes after we skinned them and cut off there head..

If you have that many at your house.. Time to get the dogs involved.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I stuck Beau inside while I chopped it's haed off.....after I let Beau out and as soon as he saw that thing he bit it ans shook it.....lol......I was trying to put it in a bag for the freezer....Brent Ikari wants to use it in a rod......

Not a good idea allowing your dog to play with snakes, dead or alive.

Both our dogs are snake trained. It works. However, still had one of our dogs bit when he launched off a boulder and unknowingly landed on a rattler. It was not fun and the vet bills get up around $2K.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
I did not "allow" my dog to play with the snake.....where did you read that?.....He bit the snake when I was putting it in the plastic bag..........the snake was in my hand......he did not like the snake in my hand.......he was obviously trying to protect me from the snake.......There is no training that could be given to my dog to prevent him from not reacting to a dangerous situation....he would die for me.......

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I did not "allow" my dog to play with the snake.....where did you read that?.....He bit the snake when I was putting it in the plastic bag..........the snake was in my hand......he did not like the snake in my hand.......he was obviously trying to protect me from the snake.......There is no training that could be given to my dog to prevent him from not reacting to a dangerous situation....he would die for me.......

"after I let Beau out and as soon as he saw that thing he bit it ans shook it.....lol"

I'm not here to get into an argument. My only concern is the dog. And yes, they can be trained to avoid snakes, even dead ones in your hand. They learn through a combination of sight, sound and smell, the latter actually being the strongest. That you thought it was funny that the dog big and shook the dead snake is precisely why I was concerned. That dog will do the same thing with a live snake, guaranteed. And it will get bit. A word to the wise is sufficient.

I'm done here.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Go bother someone else.......you don't know my dog......he chases bullets.....he is not your average "I can train this dog".......He chased 3 drug cartels with AK47s away from the house.....if there is a danger no amount of training will prevent him from putting himself between it and me......none....that is in his DNA....

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    "after I let Beau out and as soon as he saw that thing he bit it ans shook it.....lol"

I'm not here to get into an argument. My only concern is the dog. And yes, they can be trained to avoid snakes, even dead ones in your hand. They learn through a combination of sight, sound and smell, the latter actually being the strongest. That you thought it was funny that the dog big and shook the dead snake is precisely why I was concerned. That dog will do the same thing with a live snake, guaranteed. And it will get bit. A word to the wise is sufficient.

I'm done here.
    Don't argue with knuckleheads..... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience......:It__s_Outta_Here:

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    Don't argue with knuckleheads..... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience......:It__s_Outta_Here:
    Really?......I would expect you should know when to keep your mouth shut also.....

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Really?......I would expect you should know when to keep your mouth shut also.....
    GOTCHA! :rofl:....:idiot:.......Like taking candy from a baby.......

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Anything I can add to this conversation? :rofl:

Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
  • Dec 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Chris L
    Boat
    Leo's
    I know there is a safety concern, but this is kind of like a black sea bass thread if you read the regs...

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.