Record time buggin at Cat! 12/21/19

TheMan90241

Aug 28, 2012
Downey/CA/Los Angeles
Name
Terry
Boat
Seaswirl Striper 2301 W/A
I had a very small window of opportunity to go hooping over the last couple weeks. I have been hell bent on exploring some new area, so I grabbed the girlfriend as my last resort crew member and loaded up. I must have picked the perfect day because the conditions were flat with no wind. I only rigged up 5 nets and launched about 2pm from South Shores.

On a side note, I am not a fan of transients at the ramp, or anywhere for that matter (sorry, just my honest opinion). But there was a guy down there, all by himself, picking the entire ramp area inside the water and on the rocks clean of any trash and debris. Its the best I have ever seen this area look. Kudos to him! I took a second to personally thank him and hooked him up with a donation. My kindness was rewarded a little later.

My ride over had little more than a slight roll to the conditions and I was there in about an hour. I scouted a few locations and decided to drop 3 nets in one spot, and the other 2 a little further away at about 4:30pm. At about 6:15pm, I pulled the first net and was happy to see only two bugs, but both obviously legal. I pulled the second net which was less than ten yards away and boated a personal best... Prior to this night, I my PB was 21 bugs and 4 legals in one net. This single net yielded 18 bugs, 8 of which were legal! Me and the GF decided we were going to pull in all the gear and call it a night, regardless of what the other nets had. The nets went 2-8-0-2-0 for a total of 12 legals in 5 nets. After a bunch of laughs and a few bragging texts to buddies, we headed back in perfect conditions. The boat was clean, gassed, and parked in the driveway by 10pm. Fantastic time with great company!
8 Legals.jpg

Upvote 0

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
san diego
Name
jason
Boat
Fish Taco
Awsome trip. Congrats. I've yet to get limits myself. I would have dropped a couple of quick sets just to try to pick up a couple more. I cant believe your turn around time at night to cat and back. Conditions are everything! Thanks for report.

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Nice job and Merry Christmas! Great job getting them? What depth? Way to go! You da Mang!

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
  • May 9, 2010
    North of Kali!
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    3 and counting!
    So, where did you grab her!

Ducker!

Upvote 0