I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
But do they come in a men's 11 size.
No, he would need size 13 in womens, They will fit him perfect, For every womens pair you buy, They thrown in a one year subscription to the magazine "good house keeping".

baitedgyro

Dec 1, 2009
SANTA CLARITA
Name
David
Boat
25' Boston Whaler 1983
Found this great company, Gear Aid, pictures are worth a thousand words. Looks like new and easy and cheap fix plus helps conditions them.

Just push down the applicator, the solution goes on and spread evenly, let it dry (minutes)....done!! No need to buff.

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

Reactions: kbray001 and Cubeye

baitedgyro

Dec 1, 2009
SANTA CLARITA
Name
David
Boat
25' Boston Whaler 1983
Along the same thread though... the stupid liner always seems to come undone from around the cuffs -- especially if you fold em down. Sometimes the rubber splits here too. Any folk remedies?
Same company, Gear Aid, makes this repair kit, comes with one Gore Tex patch and I got a few more for some other items I needed to fix.

I overestimated the adhesive part :spank: (that's the clear and glossy section you see), but quite flexible and still works.

image0 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

Reactions: Cubeye

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Gawd, someone please tell me this ^^^ guy has his own boat! otherwise, I'm just gonna go back home and mow the lawn.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Xtratufs are made in China for many years now. Good quality

The knock off Xtratufs made in China are low quality. And might even come with the real Xtratuf warranty card and instructions and customer service information

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Xtratufs are made in China for many years now. Good quality

The knock off Xtratufs made in China are low quality. And might even come with the real Xtratuf warranty card and instructions and customer service information
China, Good Quality?????? To whose standard's, China's??? Ever since Xtratuf was made in China, You would be lucky to get 3-4 years from their boots (considering you fish a lot!!) The Xtratufs that were made in the USA would last 10+ years. I've had 2 pair of the USA made ones for close to 25 years. I've went through 5+ pairs of the China ones in the past 18 years. The China made one's DON'T even come close to the quality of the ones made in the USA.

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Owned one pair of Xtratufs from age 17-27. Before, a few other boots. With inserts after a few years in the Xtratufs. Folded down but never tore.

Live in warm weather now. But hear from a frustrated distributor over 80% of Xtratufs coming in, are knock offs. Thin walled

And I believe you are right. Even real Xtratufs made in China are lower quality then when they were made in the US.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Owned one pair of Xtratufs from age 17-27. Before, a few other boots. With inserts after a few years in the Xtratufs. Folded down but never tore.

Live in warm weather now. But hear from a frustrated distributor over 80% of Xtratufs coming in, are knock offs. Thin walled

And I believe you are right. Even real Xtratufs made in China are lower quality then when they were made in the US.
👍, The Rubber and neoprene that comes from China are nowhere close to the original ones made in the USA. I even look for someone selling the original boots from the US (In my Size) that were barley used and I have had no luck. The original ones I see the people are selling (Slightly Used) are going for 2-3 times the price of the ones now made in China. I miss my old ones.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
China, Good Quality?????? To whose standard's, China's??? Ever since Xtratuf was made in China, You would be lucky to get 3-4 years from their boots (considering you fish a lot!!) The Xtratufs that were made in the USA would last 10+ years. I've had 2 pair of the USA made ones for close to 25 years. I've went through 5+ pairs of the China ones in the past 18 years. The China made one's DON'T even come close to the quality of the ones made in the USA.
Xtra-tuff went to China at the end of 2011.How have you gone through 5 pairs of Chinese boots in 18 years ? I'm not disagreeing on the quality.Made in USA are better.

Fishingangler

Jan 18, 2007
La Verne, CA
Name
Refugio Garcia
Boat
None
By the time to read this, you're probably regretting you even posted this question. But, here's a response that I hope you will find helpful: Clean the boots using dish soap and a brush. Make sure you get all the blood and scales off. After drying, spray with ArmorAll. Let dry and your boots will look new/reconditioned again.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
By the time to read this, you're probably regretting you even posted this question. But, here's a response that I hope you will find helpful: Clean the boots using dish soap and a brush. Make sure you get all the blood and scales off. After drying, spray with ArmorAll. Let dry and your boots will look new/reconditioned again.
I have been using simple green,
And it helps some.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
My time line was off. Durring my boot wearing days. Had Xtratufs for about 5 years and I think the pair before were, blue high seas for many years. But the US Extratufs had more miles remaining. No tears just some holes where they folded and inserts.

Fished 2019 out of SD on a few trips. Saw the Xtratufs rubber was flimsy and could be rolled a few times. Kinda wrinkly.

There are definitely different generations and lots from China. And there are knock off fakes also. I might had misunderstood my buddy and 80% on the market back then were the China ones.

In regards to other products. It's not uncommon to develop a product in the US and have it manufactured in China. With all the patents. Could get 1-3 runs before the product is knocked off and copied. Can't sue China

Or if the product is originally made in the US then changes factorys to China. The quality will go down 9 out of 10 times

Pointed out the obvious

I have worked directly with Chinese factorys manufacturing products developed in the US. Poor quality then knocked off many times. Should had built in the US. Higher quality, less returns or exhanges, less buyers remorse, less tarnishing reputation, less headaches and happier customers

Last edited: