Nunya
Aug 18, 2006
fullerton
Name
Slugworth
Boat
2005 Pro-Line 21 Walk "Overtime"
Recently?
July 9th. I guess 6 weeks is an eternity as far as the fish are concerned, but my expectations are that things will get better as the season goes on rather than seeing it shut off like a light switch.

Upvote 0

Magnus100

Jun 7, 2011
Spokane wa
Name
Mike zalud
Boat
Boat
Thanks for the report. We also ran south across the 101, out to the upper hidden, over to 371, across 302 and across 9 on the way back. Hit about 8 empty paddies and 1 with a few YT that had lockjaw. Next time! This was today.

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
It's gone from sitting all alone in the middle of a football field sized school of 50-100lb BFT crashing all around my boat & hammering anything you threw at them, to a slow pick & grind in less than 6 weeks. I boated 2 of these with both tipping the scale at 75lbs less than 5 miles outside of North Island. We had a triple hookup as soon as our baits hit the water. 2+ hrs fight for each fish on 40lb.View attachment 1189115
Nice fish . You got them in the boat . All that matters . Even if it did take way too long on 40 .

Upvote 0

Slugworth

Nunya
Aug 18, 2006
fullerton
Name
Slugworth
Boat
Thanks bro, and lemme tell ya, I'm kinda picky about seafood and bbq'd BFT steaks are out of this world delicious!

Upvote 0

KneppNasty

Snappin’ necks & cashin’ checks....
Sep 10, 2017
Seal Beach, CA
Name
Jeramy
Boat
Trophy 2509
Hey Slugworth, at least you managed that yellow and didn’t get skunked! 🙌🏽

I’ve never heard of slow trolling a colt sniper.....I’m gonna have to give that a try!
Have you had much success with slow trolling colt snipers in the past? What size?

Reactions: Slugworth
Upvote 0

Slugworth

Nunya
Aug 18, 2006
fullerton
Name
Slugworth
Boat
Hey Slugworth, at least you managed that yellow and didn’t get skunked! 🙌🏽

I’ve never heard of slow trolling a colt sniper.....I’m gonna have to give that a try!
Have you had much success with slow trolling colt snipers in the past? What size?

Yep. Gonna have a YT dinner tonight! When my buddy said he was gonna slow troll that sniper, I figured he was wasting his time and within 15 seconds he was bit. It was a pretty small sniper maybe the size of a pinkie finger. Chrome, blue & pink was the color. Ya just never know....

Reactions: KneppNasty
Upvote 0