TunaMeat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 11, 2006
Alpine
Name
Jon
Boat
Gregor Ocean 22
Guys, I’m looking for some ideas, thoughts, recommendations on new area to explore. I’m looking to hook up with a guide for inshore and reef action in and around the PV area.

I’m a life long southern cal fisher and boat owner with a solid Baja background. Over the last 5 years I’ve started really kind of focusing on stickbait casting in Baja and love that type of action. 400+ casting days, big baits, straight spectra, 100+lb flouro leader stuff. I know this type of action is next level the region and just looking to connect with the right guy/boat 1 - 2 multi-day trips a year. The kite species the better...

Any ideas? Thx!

Reactions: repo805

TunaMeat

Jun 11, 2006
Alpine
Name
Jon
Boat
Gregor Ocean 22

Juan

Aug 31, 2009
Sayulita
Name
Juan Munoz
Boat
24' Grady White
Hi Tuna Meat.
I can line you up with great stick bait action, top water popping, jigging and live bait fishing. Fishing has been great lately, if you want to fish with the best anglers that practice this techniques let me know, I will be more than glad to take you out with my crew. We fish kites, balloons, double treble rigs, 120 pound braid, all braided Jerry Brown, seeker rods, okuma reels. Shimano casting gear, black hole rods and lots of tackle to choose from.

fishntel

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 3, 2011
Irvine
Name
Ken
Boat
fishntel - 28 Henriques
Not surprised by the jack hole response but kind of thought someone would chime in on something. It’s cool... fish on muthafuckers
I have to set the record straight with TunaMeat and his unsavory response to my post. If you read his previous posts it looks like he is possibly confusing a captain by the name of Juan in Baja with my recommendation of a completely different captain Juan in PV. It would be nice if TunaMeat would think through his posting prior to hitting that post reply button as they are here for perpetuity. I am not a "jack hole" nor am I a "muthafucker". Maybe the OP is? If I am not fishing out of Orange County on my twin diesel express sportfisher you might find me at my oceanfront vacation property in Punta de Mita. Which is the area the OP was inquiring about. And Juan from saltmenmexico.com is a licensed tour operator and licensed captain who resides with his family in Sayulita. He runs a first class operation and knows the entire inshore & offshore scene around PV very well. That is why I recommended Juan from saltmenmexico.com. If your looking for a fishing or surfing adventure anywhere around Puerto Vallarta then Juan is a great way to go. And BTW I have no affiliation with Juan at saltmenmexico.com. I just have had very good experiences with him. He takes extraordinary care with his clients.

TunaMeat

Jun 11, 2006
Alpine
Name
Jon
Boat
Gregor Ocean 22
I have to set the record straight with TunaMeat and his unsavory response to my post. If you read his previous posts it looks like he is possibly confusing a captain by the name of Juan in Baja with my recommendation of a completely different captain Juan in PV. It would be nice if TunaMeat would think through his posting prior to hitting that post reply button as they are here for perpetuity. I am not a "jack hole" nor am I a "muthafucker". Maybe the OP is? If I am not fishing out of Orange County on my twin diesel express sportfisher you might find me at my oceanfront vacation property in Punta de Mita. Which is the area the OP was inquiring about. And Juan from saltmenmexico.com is a licensed tour operator and licensed captain who resides with his family in Sayulita. He runs a first class operation and knows the entire inshore & offshore scene around PV very well. That is why I recommended Juan from saltmenmexico.com. If your looking for a fishing or surfing adventure anywhere around Puerto Vallarta then Juan is a great way to go. And BTW I have no affiliation with Juan at saltmenmexico.com. I just have had very good experiences with him. He takes extraordinary care with his clients.
FishNtel, my sincere apologies. I made the post in this forum for advise and recommendations. In turn, you were the only one who responded. in kind with a recommendation. I thought you were making a joke by telling me to hook up with Juan in PV with no other context. This would be akin to you telling me go hook up with Captain Smith in Dan Diego. Lots of Smith’s... So everyone, I’m the jack hole here and this was my mistake. That said, I will reach out to Juan and see what’s up. Please accept my apology. Fish on!!!

fishntel

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 3, 2011
Irvine
Name
Ken
Boat
fishntel - 28 Henriques
FishNtel, my sincere apologies. I made the post in this forum for advise and recommendations. In turn, you were the only one who responded. in kind with a recommendation. I thought you were making a joke by telling me to hook up with Juan in PV with no other context. This would be akin to you telling me go hook up with Captain Smith in Dan Diego. Lots of Smith’s... So everyone, I’m the jack hole here and this was my mistake. That said, I will reach out to Juan and see what’s up. Please accept my apology. Fish on!!!
TunaMeat I accept your appologies. No hard feelings whatsoever. Thank you. Yes fish on!

Reactions: Juan

mrfishcado

Los Panchos Sportfishing
Mar 25, 2006
Pomona, CA
Name
Paco
Boat
1996 Ranger 488VS 1980 24' Skipjack "La Cuarentona"
Look up Mr. Snook. He does a lot of inshore fishing. 30’ super panga.