Recommendation needed for Texas hog hunintg

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by jigstrike, Feb 28, 2016.

1. jigstrike

jigstrike SCUBA Spearing Daddy

Name:
    Tom McKinney
    Boat:
    Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
    I'd like to get away from it all for a bit and go hunt some hogs. So much is made of the Texas hog pooulation that I thought I would try it. Any good outfitter recommendations? Might try the central coast of CA as well. But the Texas experience will be different I'm sure. Maybe a night hunt with night vision amd a suppressor? Cant do that in CA.

2. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  3. stevefwolfe

stevefwolfe Member

Name:
    Wolf
    Boat:
    yes I have one
    Do you want a high fence thing or free range? I will be out there in April and can give you more info. There is a good place called Keechi Creek outfitters if you want a blood bath. They are in east Texas between Dallas and Houston. I got to Texas twice a year and always try to get some hunting in. Keep in mind that between travel and hunting cost it is cheaper to hit up someone like Bitterwater Outfitters in Shandon and kill two pigs. I was just out there with my kid and some hunters did the wild hog thing. They had two dandys that were bigger than anything I have ever got in Texas. If you go with Keechi Creek you will be killing hogs in a fenced in area. The are still wild and mean and it is fun and all. Lots of good meat but the 26 hours of driving is a bitch. If you need more info PM me.