Pescador Paul

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
The company I work for is chartering The Malihini for a full day trip in a few weeks. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have recently fished her. And if the feedback is not positive, please let me know via PM. I see no reason to bash a business publicly.

Thanks,

Paul

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
There have been lots of yellows at the Coronados all spring. Hopefully they’ll start acting right soon. That boat is a dream come true for surface irons.

Reactions: jiggermyster

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
The company I work for is chartering The Malihini for a full day trip in a few weeks. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have recently fished her. And if the feedback is not positive, please let me know via PM. I see no reason to bash a business publicly.

Thanks,

Paul

Captain Bill is a great captain that works hard to put you on the fish! Both Bill and his crew have a great attitude and really put customers first.

Bills ideology on fishing is he is going fishing for whatever is biting. By that he means he is not species specific. Which is perfect for company trips.

Kimo is just an all around great guy and good cook. He will make sure your group has a great time.

Really cool how you posted to send you negative comments in a pm to not blast a boat. If you have any question fill free to shoot me a pm.

Last edited:

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    I have never fished with the man but I did listen to him on Phil's Podcast; seems like a really awesome guy.

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
    OC
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    Spaghetti Madness
    Lots of good things mentioned, cap bill is an awesome guy. The boat is always in good shape. The boat is a little high off the water and narrow but the bow is what jig slingers dream about.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
    S.D
    Name
    robert
    Boat
    REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
    Bill is going online this Sat light load

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    Never been on the Malihini....but I have alot of old buddies who have been salt fishing a really long time and they all comment that that boat is a shell of it's former self and nothing like "the old days". Used to be "the shit" How can this be if everyone here is saying it's been great for 20 years?? Serious question as I've refrained from fishing that boat per my buddies comments. Thanks

Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
    South OC
    Name
    Kirk
    Boat
    Regal 24
    Never been on the Malihini....but I have alot of old buddies who have been salt fishing a really long time and they all comment that that boat is a shell of it's former self and nothing like "the old days". Used to be "the shit" How can this be if everyone here is saying it's been great for 20 years?? Serious question as I've refrained from fishing that boat per my buddies comments. Thanks

Get better buddies...

Well I mean it was a PT boat during WW2 so I guess in that regard it is a shell of its former self. It doesn’t have torpedoes anymore.

Give the boat a shot then post a review.

Upvote 0

TanstaaflSD

• Dec 3, 2013
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    Tanstaafl
    Boat
    n/a
    The Malihini is one of only a few surviving WWII PT boats. I think it was built by Higgins, the company that made most of the WWII landing craft. I would go on it just for the history involved to ride on a WWII PT boat.
    Yes. Here is a history blurb.... The Huckins PT boats were 78 feet long, had a 21 foot beam, and with three 1200 HP Packard engines could achieve speeds more than 48 mph. Current “Fairform Flyer” Huckins hulls still use a variant of the lightweight and powerful PT Boat …
    Awesome boats. Enjoy the ride ... and catch lots of fish.
    Tight Lines!!

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Yes. Here is a history blurb.... The Huckins PT boats were 78 feet long, had a 21 foot beam, and with three 1200 HP Packard engines could achieve speeds more than 48 mph. Current “Fairform Flyer” Huckins hulls still use a variant of the lightweight and powerful PT Boat …
    Awesome boats. Enjoy the ride ... and catch lots of fish.
    Tight Lines!!
    That would be a dream come true sportboat crusing at 40mph, You could make it to Tanner or Cortez in just over 2 hrs or the Coronado Island in less than 30 min, Or even Guadalupe Island in 6.5 hrs. That boat is designed for rough water also.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    At cruising speed the PT boats burned 200 gallons an hour. At top speed they burned 500 gallons an hour of 100 octane aviation fuel. The high fuel consumption was one of the big reasons that the navy got rid of all the PT boats at the end of the war. They just stacked them up and burned them.

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    At cruising speed the PT boats burned 200 gallons an hour. At top speed they burned 500 gallons an hour of 100 octane aviation fuel. The high fuel consumption was one of the big reasons that the navy got rid of all the PT boats at the end of the war. They just stacked them up and burned them.
    OUCH $$$$$$$$$$

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Have not fished the Hini for way too long. Sounds like the operation is solid. Great to hear. Have a stellar trip

Yah a converted WW2 vessel into a sportfishing boat.

I pin headed on the malahini for Hal and Brian and paid trips. Crew Garry with red hair and beard and his brother made me eat cow tongue. Hal would turn off the fish finding machine and line up at the rock pile for Codfish using landmarks and island marks zen style. Feeling his way around using landmarks

Number one bow for firing the surface iron in the Nados fleet or most any sportfishing boat. Must be the navy design. Pin heads always fished forward of the bait tank. First surface iron YT ever was like a 15lb fish on a Tady 45 blue/white camo just above the bait tank. Saw the fish pop and fired the jig and it was like amazing :D. Sabre 530 Penn 500

Gosh some great memory's. All dayers in the bow on the anchor at the middle grounds as kids. Fishing Krocodiles on Abu Gracia 5500s and bass rods for giant Bonito. It was so rad

Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Almost A Member
    Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    Have not fished the Hini for way too long. Sounds like the operation is solid. Great to hear. Have a stellar trip

Yah a converted WW2 vessel into a sportfishing boat.

I pin headed on the malahini for Hal and Brian and paid trips. Crew Garry with red hair and beard and his brother made me eat cow tongue. Hal would turn off the fish finding machine and line up at the rock pile for Codfish using landmarks and island marks zen style. Feeling his way around using landmarks

Number one bow for firing the surface iron in the Nados fleet or most any sportfishing boat. Must be the navy design. Pin heads always fished forward of the bait tank. First surface iron YT ever was like a 15lb fish on a Tady 45 blue/white camo just above the bait tank. Saw the fish pop and fired the jig and it was like amazing :D. Sabre 530 Penn 500

Gosh some great memory's. All dayers in the bow on the anchor at the middle grounds as kids. Fishing Krocodiles on Abu Gracia 5500s and bass rods for giant Bonito. It was so rad
    Then you were there with me back when Bob and June were on the boat. I'm the red head. Gary wasn't my brother, we were just room mates with everyone else.

Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Almost A Member
    Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    Then you were there with me back when Bob and June were on the boat. I'm the red head. Gary wasn't my brother, we were just room mates with everyone else.
    This may help you remember me. I'm on the Vagabond only a few years later.

Me At Work.jpg

Reactions: ZZZZZ
    Upvote 0