eldplanko

got the skunk off
Jun 18, 2012
Ballard
Name
My other boat is a piece of...
Boat
Floater
Posted this to the raymarine forum, but waiting for their mod to allow it on there..

I’m Installing an EV-1 / ACU 150 / p70Rs and have an existing NMEA2K backbone with micro connectors between the place where I want to mount the EV-1, the ACU and the p70Rs, and currently have no seatalkng or old seatalk network or devices.

Can I use the existing devicenet nmea backbone with seatalk to devicenet to micro drops (cut and splice or maretron plugs)? The seanetng backbones are basically 5 pin nmea so it seams like this should work and seatalkng is basically nmea2k with proprietary plugs and and extra yellow wire for backwards compatibility for old seatalk. I don’t want to have parellel wire runs and basically a “looped or round trip” network, seems to defeat the purpose.

Looking for advice before I start cutting $30 backbone cables.

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Posted this to the raymarine forum, but waiting for their mod to allow it on there..

I’m Installing an EV-1 / ACU 150 / p70Rs and have an existing NMEA2K backbone with micro connectors between the place where I want to mount the EV-1, the ACU and the p70Rs, and currently have no seatalkng or old seatalk network or devices.

Can I use the existing devicenet nmea backbone with seatalk to devicenet to micro drops (cut and splice or maretron plugs)? The seanetng backbones are basically 5 pin nmea so it seams like this should work and seatalkng is basically nmea2k with proprietary plugs and and extra yellow wire for backwards compatibility for old seatalk. I don’t want to have parellel wire runs and basically a “looped or round trip” network, seems to defeat the purpose.

Looking for advice before I start cutting $30 backbone cables.
Yes-
Cut the white/black spur cable. Splice on a male field connector. The Raymarine cable has an extra yellow wire in it. Clip short and dis-regard.

Or use this:

EF74B4CE-A87C-4CDF-8698-36B802B45C62.png

In the ACU 150 unit, you have a terminal strip with red, black, blue, white, bare shield. Just cut the end off of a regular nmea cable and strip it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: eldplanko