Sabalo

Sep 16, 2003
Santa Barbara
Visit site
Name
Craig
Boat
Parker 2320
I have two that are networked on my dash. Put them in early last year....so far so good.
rv9.jpg

Upvote 0

a7ewizard

Almost A Member
Jun 4, 2009
SAN RAFAEL,CA USA
Name
WARREN WEISENBURG
Boat
251,PRO-LINE, WIZARD
I installed mine in 2017. Trouble free. Very fast chart re-draws. Pages and data boxes are very customizable.
Chirp sonar and Downvision are very good. I don't use side scan or 3D much.
One thing I don't like is the chip slot is in the back; pita to do updates if it is flush mounted.
What specifically do you want to know?

Upvote 0

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
It seems like a nice unit. I want to pair it with a Raymarine Radar. I did read on one review that a guy was losing his GPS connection on his chart plotter (with the internal antenna on the chart plotter) he said he was told by Raymarine that he would have to buy an external GPS antenna. Thank you for any feedback......Jughead....

Upvote 0

FishingFiend

Almost A Member
Nov 5, 2003
SoCal
Name
FishingFiend
Boat
Cayman 226
It seems like a nice unit. I want to pair it with a Raymarine Radar. I did read on one review that a guy was losing his GPS connection on his chart plotter (with the internal antenna on the chart plotter) he said he was told by Raymarine that he would have to buy an external GPS antenna. Thank you for any feedback......Jughead....
I have not had this issue. However, I can see that issue happening if you block the built in GPS receiver in the MFD.

Upvote 0

a7ewizard

Almost A Member
Jun 4, 2009
SAN RAFAEL,CA USA
Name
WARREN WEISENBURG
Boat
251,PRO-LINE, WIZARD
I don't ever lose GPS but it seems like it is taking longer to get a fix than when my Axiom was new.

I have mine paired with a Quantum Wi-Fi radar ( only run a power cord to it), Evo 100 autopilot, CP370 sonar module and TM260 transducer. I would add another Axiom 9 but I'm out of room.

Upvote 0

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
I would not trust a WiFi connection on Radar. What happens if you lose connection in the fog or Mexico?

Upvote 0

Snoop Dogged

Apr 7, 2021
Dana Point
Name
Jerry
Boat
Hunter
Is there any issue obtaining charts for the Axiom? Looking on the Raymarine's Lighthouse charts, I see nothing but "coming soon" when it comes to North America.

Upvote 0

FishingFiend

Almost A Member
Nov 5, 2003
SoCal
Name
FishingFiend
Boat
Cayman 226
After Garmin acquired Navionics, companies like Raymarine and Humminbird are in the process of developing their own mapping software. Until then, Navionics is the way to go.

Reactions: Snoop Dogged
Upvote 0

Yuri_SD

Almost A Member
Sep 11, 2019
San Diego
Name
Yuri
Boat
none
Axiom with na ionic a here.

I also added a dual micro se card reader into dash so I can easily update the unit software, maps and transfer screenshots at home.

works great and use it with an autopilot

Upvote 0