tgorman

Jul 22, 2010
Loma Dorada. Tijuana Mexico
grovescapital.com
Name
Todd Gorman
Boat
Robalo R180
I am the ho! and a new friend in Ensenada asked me to build him something for his SX Raptor good trade for being a ho on 56 bertram 8-)
I am Loving these Thrasher Blanks. This is the Raw 84 - good little live bait and throwing light jigs, snippers and stick baits..
Super light Fished both the Raw 86 and 87 and loved those I am sure he will love this one. It fit an SX Raptor and 10-15#'s of drag perfect
  • Length - 7'10" 1pc
  • Line - 15-40
  • Lure - 1 1/2 -5oz
  • Action - MF
  • Butt Dia. - .609
  • Tip Tip - 7.5
  • Blank WT - 5.90oz
Thought I'd try for a little Opal Look and got some Resin Opals and it looks better in person and in the sun, Picture doesn't quite capture the light
Still another coat of epoxy to go, and final sanding and shaping of foregrip. One more night on the dryer and it will be ready.

Alps XN Guides and Alps Centra Lock Reel Seat and Trim rings
EDPM grips and Forecast rubber gimbal.
I really like the American Tackle Large hook keepers. I put one on a rod to see if I liked it.. and I went back and added to most of my recent builds
Didn't think I'd like em.. but I do.
Thread is Hitena USA Aurora Tan Metalic, NCP Evergreen and NCP Light Green Size A
The aurora color shift kind of mirrors what it is next too almost.. they are awesome!
Fun build. Something different. LOVE HITENA USA Thread.. the Aurora A Metalics are awesome and fun new colors to work with.
the Nylon thread lays down beautiful as well.

Raw 84  hook keep butt wrap.JPG

Raw 84 Stipper guide.JPG

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Very nice build, Todd. Cool thread combo too. (Seattle colors?) 😁 Digging that different hook keeper as well. Thrasher Rods are pretty much all I fish now since Jason Champion started his company a few years ago up in the PNW. (Sold off all my CalStars and Seekers, donated the rest). Unbelievable how strong and light they are. Plus his blanks are all rolled in the good old USA! I've found that the RAW series is probably the best value out there. If you haven't already built a TRFM-76H, get your hands on one! Beast of a stick and can handle almost anything, literally. See you down at the docks! 😁

Reactions: tgorman
Upvote 0

tgorman

Jul 22, 2010
Loma Dorada. Tijuana Mexico
grovescapital.com
Name
Todd Gorman
Boat
Robalo R180
Very nice build, Todd. Cool thread combo too. (Seattle colors?) 😁 Digging that different hook keeper as well. Thrasher Rods are pretty much all I fish now since Jason Champion started his company a few years ago up in the PNW. (Sold off all my CalStars and Seekers, donated the rest). Unbelievable how strong and light they are. Plus his blanks are all rolled in the good old USA! I've found that the RAW series is probably the best value out there. If you haven't already built a TRFM-76H, get your hands on one! Beast of a stick and can handle almost anything, literally. See you down at the docks! 😁

The TR MF 76H is .. like a swiss army knife.. Next blank order will have .. more than a few as so far. (three trips) it is the first and primary rod in my hands. It can fish 20 and it can fish much much higher. Jason has a video of a guy in PEI with 100# Hollow core on a 400# BFT using a Stella with 30+ lbs of drag.

It was perfect for the live bait and tuna the last 2-3 months. I had my Avet MXJ (not a raptor) on it.. and it was under powered. Upgraded to Andros 5ii with dual force drags.. and feel it is a better match 12sii might even be better hell.. I think you could fish Mak 8,10 or 12 with it

Reactions: kuyamonster
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Definitely my favorite blank! It's the one true blank at 7-6" that can whip most fish offshore in SoCal. I've bested pelagics from schoolies up to 90+ lb tuna and without even tapping into it's true power. And still great tip action to toss poppers or surface jigs.25+ years saltwater fishing and never believed that one rod can cover 90% of my needs, but the 76H makes one hell of an argument! Made believers out of many friends and fellow anglers who use them now. (price point wise, IMHO, no manufacturer comes close to it's specs yet for a USA made blank). Agree with you on versatile reel selection, too. (Currently I'm in the process of wrapping a few rods to replace the Thrashers stolen from me out of Point Loma in July). But yeah, I've used various star and lever drags like Penn Fathoms, Okuma Metaloids, and Accurates, both single and two speeds. Would like to slap my Andros 16ii on and give it a go! :) Thanks for the heads up on the AmTack hookeeper. I'll hit up Darin @ 310 and ask him. Bent rods and big smiles to you on the water, Todd...

Upvote 0