Rare super seeker Bh89 up for possible trade. Only 30 made!

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
Redlands, CA
Name
Jerrythefisher
Boat
N/a
Hey guys. I’m starting to get into wrapping my own rods and want to see if anyone is interested in trading blanks or other limited edition seeker rods. This is one of my favorite rods to use but I think I could build something similar to better suit my needs. I can’t find any information at all about this limited run but I bought 2 of them about 5 years ago at a tackle swap meet in LB (Number 16 of 30 is the one in this ad and I believe the other one was #20 I gave it to my brother in law) it has the original guides and the tip top was replaced but it’s a bit large for it in my opinion(only gold tip top I could get my hands on at the time) and the very top wrap is not my best work seeing as that I did it a while back when I was just starting to do my own repairs. I used the proper Fuji tip top glue though and I’ve caught some big fish on it since then.

Let’s see what you guys have! Really only interested in limited blanks or built rods around this class.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
I dont understand you want to trade a new limited edition for a Unicorn Seeker?

What makes this one limited?
Mine has Blue S glass for instance...

Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
Redlands, CA
Name
Jerrythefisher
Boat
N/a
I dont understand you want to trade a new limited edition for a Unicorn Seeker?

What makes this one limited?
Mine has Blue S glass for instance...
I mean those runs of rare blanks are in runs of about 24-30 just like this I don’t see how it’s not rare. And they don’t make the bh89 in an SS anymore so I thought I’d see if anyone was interested. Seemed to get guys attention on trips so I thought I would see what kind of replies I would get. Like I said I don’t know much about it. Obviously it’s not worth as much as your blue glass and I just said I was looking for things of this caliber for possible trade.

Reactions: Tail Chaser
Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
Redlands, CA
Name
Jerrythefisher
Boat
N/a
Aren't all Seekers limited runs now?
Well wouldn’t this be worth a trade for one of those if they are “all limited”? You answered your own question sir. I’m seeing if anyone is interested in taking this one off my hands for something of around equal value so I think I would accept anything I thought was around the same value.

Reactions: BloodyL
Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Well wouldn’t this be worth a trade for one of those if they are “all limited”? You answered your own question sir. I’m seeing if anyone is interested in taking this one off my hands for something of around equal value so I think I would accept anything I thought was around the same value.
    Maybe to a Seeker fan.
    To me it seems like a marketing strategy to inflate prices.
    Good luck on your trade.

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Jerrythefisher
    Boat
    N/a
    Maybe to a Seeker fan.
    To me it seems like a marketing strategy to inflate prices.
    Good luck on your trade.
    Yes I totally agree. Just figured maybe it would get someone’s attention. If it doesn’t then it’s a damn good rod to have and I will still fish it. I think maybe it could be used as a marketing strategy, but at the same time the rods really are amazing and have great history. They opened the warehouse and blew out all of those rare blanks so I don’t see it as much of a stretch to someone that’s sitting on a stack of them. Who knows maybe one was at the bottom of their list and they could live without it.

Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Jerrythefisher
    Boat
    N/a
    I’ve only done repairs so far on my own gear. I’m not claiming to be a rod builder by any means I just drew up a design for a rod wrapping machine and am trying to take it up as a hobby. That tip was spun by hand in a v cut case of coors light so I understand it’s not great, but it works. I have an idea for a 90m that I’m planning on starting soon as my first full build. Maybe I’ll post it after but I still have some time before my machine is finished as I am working out the kinks. It’s just hitena thread with flex coat on this tip.

Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    Hey guys. I’m starting to get into wrapping my own rods and want to see if anyone is interested in trading blanks or other limited edition seeker rods. This is one of my favorite rods to use but I think I could build something similar to better suit my needs. I can’t find any information at all about this limited run but I bought 2 of them about 5 years ago at a tackle swap meet in LB (Number 16 of 30 is the one in this ad and I believe the other one was #20 I gave it to my brother in law) it has the original guides and the tip top was replaced but it’s a bit large for it in my opinion(only gold tip top I could get my hands on at the time) and the very top wrap is not my best work seeing as that I did it a while back when I was just starting to do my own repairs. I used the proper Fuji tip top glue though and I’ve caught some big fish on it since then.

Let’s see what you guys have! Really only interested in limited blanks or built rods around this class.

View attachment 1289328

View attachment 1289329

View attachment 1289330

View attachment 1289332

View attachment 1289333

View attachment 1289334

View attachment 1289335
    So now it's come to this. Remember when you were stoked on getting a hot meal, most likely a cheese burger on the boat?

Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    I mean those runs of rare blanks are in runs of about 24-30 just like this I don’t see how it’s not rare. And they don’t make the bh89 in an SS anymore so I thought I’d see if anyone was interested. Seemed to get guys attention on trips so I thought I would see what kind of replies I would get. Like I said I don’t know much about it. Obviously it’s not worth as much as your blue glass and I just said I was looking for things of this caliber for possible trade.
    Thiey're just fishing poles for God sake!

Reactions: plj46
    Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Jerrythefisher
    Boat
    N/a
    So now it's come to this. Remember when you were stoked on getting a hot meal, most likely a cheese burger on the boat?
    I have so many memories of putting my allowance together to hit the am half day on saturdays. Any time out there was so valuable to me even when not fishing. Now when years pass you become more attached to certain ways and techniques that rods and reels and other material objects have more meaning when taking an approach to catching a fish. At the end of the day, they are just some fishing rods. However, I have gained so much from using some of the things I have, that I think they are very neat and maybe someone else might like it. This particular rod has given me a lot of good memories. My first bluefin, dorado, WSB, respectable yellowtail, and a few others. I just wanted to change it up a bit.

Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    None
    I have so many memories of putting my allowance together to hit the am half day on saturdays. Any time out there was so valuable to me even when not fishing. Now when years pass you become more attached to certain ways and techniques that rods and reels and other material objects have more meaning when taking an approach to catching a fish. At the end of the day, they are just some fishing rods. However, I have gained so much from using some of the things I have, that I think they are very neat and maybe someone else might like it. This particular rod has given me a lot of good memories. My first bluefin, dorado, WSB, respectable yellowtail, and a few others. I just wanted to change it up a bit.
    I get it. All hobbies have a fetish element. That's how the whole "collector" thing started I guess

Reactions: Jared beck
    Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
    Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Why not just throw out some rods you might want or a value so everyone knows what your looking.

How the action on the rod ? Medium, Fast?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Jerrythefisher
    Boat
    N/a
    I get it. All hobbies have a fetish element. That's how the whole "collector" thing started I guess
    Why not just throw out some rods you might want or a value so everyone knows what your looking.

You are absolutely right sir. That’s my bad. Anything around that range of 20-50 pound and I bought it for 350$ so I was hoping to see blanks around 300$ value. I’ve seen those green bh89 blanks on here in the past. That would be one I would consider. I’m favoring the blank route now because I’d really like to build it myself.

Reactions: Rocket Dog
    Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Jerrythefisher
    Boat
    N/a

The action is medium in my opinion with a very soft tip. I use it for 30-40 pound fly line with a larger bait. It has. I issue with a smaller bait either but I have other setups for that.

Reactions: Rocket Dog
    Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    You are absolutely right sir. That’s my bad. Anything around that range of 20-50 pound and I bought it for 350$ so I was hoping to see blanks around 300$ value. I’ve seen those green bh89 blanks on here in the past. That would be one I would consider. I’m favoring the blank route now because I’d really like to build it myself.
    Just my opinion... but before you decide to wrap a $300 blank make sure you do it perfect like practice... Cuz you will be sad losing your cool rod for one that you'll see a slight flaw in daily!

Reactions: Jared beck
    Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Jerrythefisher
    Boat
    N/a
    Just my opinion... but before you decide to wrap a $300 blank make sure you do it perfect like practice... Cuz you will be sad losing your cool rod for one that you'll see a slight flaw in daily!
    Yea definitely I agree. My buddy shot me some 30$ cousins blanks for bass that I’m doing some trial runs on to get dialed. Also decided to just keep this my buddy shot me some blanks today for a good price so I ended up not even needing to get rid of it.

Reactions: Tail Chaser
    Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    Yea definitely I agree. My buddy shot me some 30$ cousins blanks for bass that I’m doing some trial runs on to get dialed. Also decided to just keep this my buddy shot me some blanks today for a good price so I ended up not even needing to get rid of it.
    This is the way!

Upvote 0