Ranger vs Bronco

Discussion in 'Camping & 4x4' started by BadKarma, Jun 20, 2012.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma Member

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    It's big, red, and lots of lights
    Im thinking of building a diesel ranger or bronco with long travel ttb suspesion. The big question is ranger or bronco? Im thinking a cummins 3.9l for the ranger or a 5.9l for the bronco, autofab long travel kit for both, dont know what trans for the ranger but im thinking a nv4500 for the bronco teamed with an atlas ii transfer case, deavers and new shocks for the rear, so on and so on. Any criteques or opinions??

2. Catfish Charley

Catfish Charley The Dude

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    Ill let you know when I get a boat...
    Both would make some some sick trucks. I take it your building a desert truck and not worrying about 4wheel drive. In my opinion, a ranger would be more practical and probably cheaper to build but on the other hand there are a ton of ranger pre-runners running around out there so it would be tough to make it unique. Its pretty hard to beat the style of a built bronco and I would personally go that route but only if you can afford the build and driving that beast around. On the practical and economical side go with the ranger but then again, built broncos have some serious steeze. Ya I know that doesnt help at all.

3. blubby07

blubby07 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
    5.9 mine puts out 550hp and 1200 lbs tq pulls a 12,500 lb trailer to mammoth at 80 mph its a BEAST!

4. live2fish

live2fish I've got bugs...

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
    have you looked at block weight on both of those engines???? your looking at 800 for just a block on the 4bt and 1200lbs on the 6bt(5.9) with low red line not really a good choice for building a long travel truck. You will end up with a really heavy slow truck through any whoops just put a 6.0 or 6.3 LS motor either of those trucks and you will have a beast. I have thought of putting the small cummins in my long traveled expedition rig but now I'm looking into the v6 vortec out of a silverado. Makes good tq, 20+mpg, decent revs.

[​IMG]

this is my rig