PENN

chad gee

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2008
sea level
Name
Starts with a C....
Boat
My friend Cory, his son Beck, and I went over to Cat early this morning, hoping for some good times. We got a fat serving of pissed off squid from Nacho, and were on our way by 4:30.
Water temp at the ledge outside Long Beach was 65, 66.3 at Empire, and hit 68 on the way back in. We fished Empire, Hen, and Church - nothing but calicos and bat rays, but it was a very nice day to be out. Lots of other boats out, who were mostly very nice, with one exception of an asstard.
On the way back, we came across a turtle! Never seen one here before, but very cool!

20140607_134656.jpg
20140607_154634.jpg
20140607_144904.jpg

Reactions: rile-b-fishn
Upvote 0

DoubletroubleII

Fish On!
Nov 18, 2008
Placerville, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
19' Harbercraft
Very cool photo of the turtle. With the shell type with spikes on the ridge line of the shell it looks like it could be a young Loggerhead, the only sea turtle on in SoCal that I know of that has those features.......fairly rare, I believe that are protected, so good thing you did not make turtle soup out of it.

If ya want some good turtle soup I know of a place in Mazaltlan........super fun club upstairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: chad gee
Upvote 0

chad gee

Jan 20, 2008
sea level
Name
Starts with a C....
Boat
Very cool photo of the turtle. With the shell type with spikes on the ridge line of the shell it looks like it could be a young Leatherback, the only sea turtle on in SoCal that I know of that has those features.......fairly rare.

I'm a bit puzzled on what kind of turtle it could be.
The ridges on the shell were very apparent, & I can't find any photos on the interweb that look anything like it.

Upvote 0

DoubletroubleII

Fish On!
Nov 18, 2008
Placerville, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
19' Harbercraft
I'm a bit puzzled on what kind of turtle it could be.
The ridges on the shell were very apparent, & I can't find any photos on the interweb that look anything like it.

Loggerhead turtles have those spikes on the ridge of their shells when they are young. I have a picture but this site only wants URL's as far as I can figure out, or whatever.........I can't figure out how to post picture images stored on MY COMPUTER onto this site anymore.

th

I take it back.........I figured it out.......thank gawd I'm Polish!

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
chad glad you got out, water is warm I expect to see a lot more wildlife in the water this year than previous did you teach that young man proper speech when
dealing with asshats take care
mike

Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
The Asshat's Names: We're the names Peter or Barry ? Maybe these guys are only at the Coronados.

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Thanks for the report....at least you let the little guy pull on some fish.

Upvote 0