Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Last minute invite to ocean shores for the weekend. The bro-in-law seems to think there is a boat ramp there????? I have never heard any chatter on this board of such a thing...what's the skinny? Trying to throw a small arima in and troll the shallows based on some reports from here.....ramp and weather permitting
Cheers

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
There is a marginal ramp. Basically useable @ high tide, from what I understand. Marina area basically dries-out at low tides. Send a shout out to CharlesSterlin, he used that marina/ramp.

ROCK FISH

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2008
Milf Street,Wa
Name
Ron
Boat
Parker 2320
There is a marginal ramp. Basically useable @ high tide, from what I understand. Marina area basically dries-out at low tides. Send a shout out to CharlesSterlin, he used that marina/ramp.
Correct smaller boats tho .

blackelk

Wishing I was Tuna fishing
Sep 11, 2010
Montesano, Wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Osprey and 16' hewscraft jet sled
Thought GreatWhite a 26' Osprey used it as well. Think I remember hearing tide dependant

Offshore Ryan

Aug 7, 2010
Lake Tapps, WA
Name
Ryan
Boat
28 Uniflite Salty Dog w/Yanmar Diesels
There is no dock at the boat ramp so launching and recovering can be tough. You can certainly make it work but it's a high tide operation. There's a youtube video that shows the ramp that will help you make a decision. I've had my Uniflite in the marina but only entering and exiting on high-ish tide. Good luck.

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
Pm Charles sterling he fishes from there all the time

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
There is no dock at the boat ramp so launching and recovering can be tough. You can certainly make it work but it's a high tide operation. There's a youtube video that shows the ramp that will help you make a decision. I've had my Uniflite in the marina but only entering and exiting on high-ish tide. Good luck.
Sorry, should have done some homework before posting. Looks like the place is quinalt marina and it is inside (makes sense) so there would be a bar crossing.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 9 Low 6:13 AM -1.8 6:06 AM Set 4:54 AM 94
9 High 12:55 PM 7.8 8:37 PM Rise 7:40 PM
9 Low 6:14 PM 1.6

Su 10 High 12:29 AM 10.1 6:08 AM Set 6:10 AM 98
10 Low 7:00 AM -2.1 8:35 PM Rise 8:20 PM
10 High 1:39 PM 8.4
10 Low 7:07 PM 1.0

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Sorry, should have done some homework before posting. Looks like the place is quinalt marina and it is inside (makes sense) so there would be a bar crossing.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 9 Low 6:13 AM -1.8 6:06 AM Set 4:54 AM 94
9 High 12:55 PM 7.8 8:37 PM Rise 7:40 PM
9 Low 6:14 PM 1.6

Su 10 High 12:29 AM 10.1 6:08 AM Set 6:10 AM 98
10 Low 7:00 AM -2.1 8:35 PM Rise 8:20 PM
10 High 1:39 PM 8.4
10 Low 7:07 PM 1.0
This gives me low tides for the morning bite with a bar crossing around 6ish and coming back across around noonish each day (correct???). Not so sure this makes a lot of sense to pull the boat over with A RV and do any good with a small boat... I'm open to suggestions. Any buddy boat opportunities?

Charles_Sterlin

Apr 30, 2010
Redmond
sterlings.life
Name
Charles
Boat
23' Pursuit and 28' Slickcraft resto mod
Just seeing this thread.
You go over the same bar as Westport just a ~5 mile further run around Damon point.
As far as the boat ramp/marina see the picture I posted below as that is what you will be dealing with early Saturday morning...
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/west-port-salmon-saturday-and-sunday-8-3-8-4.550613/

So if you want to go fishing this weekend you are looking at either ~4am start - or join me leaving at ~9:30am.
Yes Porter launches his Osprey- Great White as well has several big Stripers will use the launch...
Not having a dock used to be a PIA -now I don't even really notice it.
Since the ramp is rarely/lightly used the process looks like this:

1. Back down the ramp
  2. Unsnap the bow lines
  3. Climb over the bow
  4. Lower motors/start boat
  5. Back boat off trailer/park boat in slip
  6. Walk back to truck and park it
If you have any questions give me a call
425-495-4564
Also on channel #68 with the unimaginative call sign: "Pursuit"

Last edited:

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Just seeing this thread.
You go over the same bar as Westport just a ~5 mile further run around Damon point.
As far as the boat ramp/marina see the picture I posted below as that is what you will be dealing with early Saturday morning...
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/west-port-salmon-saturday-and-sunday-8-3-8-4.550613/

So if you want to go fishing this weekend you are looking at either ~4am start - or join me leaving at ~9:30am.
Yes Porter launches his Osprey- Great White as well has several big Stripers will use the launch...
Not having a dock used to be a PIA -now I don't even really notice it.
Since the ramp is rarely/lightly used the process looks like this:

1. Back down the ramp
  2. Unsnap the bow lines
  3. Climb over the bow
  4. Lower motors/start boat
  5. Back boat off trailer/park boat in slip
  6. Walk back to truck and park it
If you have any questions give me a call
425-495-4564
Also on channel #68 with the unimaginative call sign: "Pursuit"
Hey thanks so much everyone. My johnson 50 has served me well over the years but I just confirmed my suspicion that the top plug is getting a light rinse of NaCl H2O so the arima heads to the shop for the year. I think she needs a yammy 70 as suggested by terry at defiance.

First things first tho I need to get off my ass and get that bracket put on my reinell PH and get the 225 offshore merc bolted up.

We are almost to Aberdeen and the motorhome misses the boat already :(