usraptr

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 13, 2012
Woodland Hills, Utah
Name
Brad Merritt
Boat
Cheap Thrills
Nice thread work and marbling. Those are some serious roller guides. Guess you plan on landing a few cows with that one.

Reactions: Mr. Sunshine

cmepen

Jun 16, 2009
Chula Vista
Name
Einar Lohner
Boat
Cabo Marine 226
Very nice build! Those AB1 guides are awesome and look awesome on that rod!

bentcalstar

Sep 11, 2012
Socal
Name
Charley Tabbara
Boat
Boat
Colors just pop. What thread colors did you use?

Nirvana

But I don't want to edit this section
Aug 20, 2010
Sequim, WA USA
Name
Grant Darby
Boat
Which one?
PURPLE!!! PURPLE!!!! Yea....any color you want.......as long as it's PURPLE!!!

bentcalstar

Sep 11, 2012
Socal
Name
Charley Tabbara
Boat
Boat
Fuji 906 metallic purple, gudebrod 468 purple and Fuji 504 neon lime green. The green is a newer color. The fuji 'neon green' 503 is very fluorescent yellow.
Much appreciated nice work.

Mr. Sunshine

Jul 6, 2008
OC, CA
Name
Barry
Boat
none
I put a good load on this today now that it's dry. I like the guide concept. The jointed bases don't point load the guide feet when the rod bends. Seems like this would be a lot less blank stress on heavy gear. Never caught a fish on ones like this but I like the concept. Worth a look if you are doing something w/ rollers.

Salty Bones

Jan 4, 2017
NJ
Name
Sergio
Boat
Xxxxxxxx
I put a good load on this today now that it's dry. I like the guide concept. The jointed bases don't point load the guide feet when the rod bends. Seems like this would be a lot less blank stress on heavy gear. Never caught a fish on ones like this but I like the concept. Worth a look if you are doing something w/ rollers.
I've been interested in this model, but no one near me has them. What's a good bend and is it moderate or fast from what you see and feel. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Sunshine

Jul 6, 2008
OC, CA
Name
Barry
Boat
none
I think I had a little over 20 lbs hanging on it. Felt like it handled that OK. Maybe the top of it's range? I won't be using it for cow fishing! Rainshadow calls it "fast" action. I like E-glass for rods w/ this purpose. I didn't think it shut off that fast, more moderate (or that's how e-glass feels ) to me. I'm just using it to troll - replacing a very old 6' troll rod. This will be easier maneuvering in a crowd than a longer rail rod. It was a good fit for the guide set I already had (tip was perfect). I think I will be happy with how it fishes. Pretty thick walled e-glass should be very durable.

Reactions: Salty Bones

Salty Bones

Jan 4, 2017
NJ
Name
Sergio
Boat
Xxxxxxxx
Ok cool. Yeah, was looking at it as a troller myself. Thank you!