Rain shadow opinions

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Building Forum' started by Sagedaddy, Nov 4, 2017.

1. mike channel islands

mike channel islands Member

Name:
    Michael Convey
    Boat:
    no boat
    have,nt fished with a rainshadow but have pulled on some blanks at the fred hall show thay seemed pretty solid to me

2. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Just got back from a 3 day trip primarily targeting big bluefin on the anchor for 2 days straight of tackle busting. Pushed an 84xxh super hard and it felt great. It was a little light for the application that it was used for, but took the absuse well and many people were asking me about it . Also the boat kite rod was a 70xxh and it did awesome and got many people on board thier personal bests with many people not really knowing about the rainshadow brand singing praise for the rod. I’ve been a rainshadow fanboy for a little bit now, but it was great to see others have thier eyes opened to them in action under the harshest conditions.

3. Bill Batson

Bill Batson Bill Batson Advertiser

Name:
    Bill Batson
    Boat:
    Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
    Thank you for the report..Thank you for your support. The Rainshadow blanks are another option..You will not be disappointed with your choice to use any Batson Product..

4. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Bill, one other thing, not to change the subject, but many of the guys on the trip were really excited about the cold shrink you guys make. I abused it pretty good on two rods and there was some definite signs of wear but it works great and is super affordable compared to the the alternates. Many people were asking where and how I got my hands on it, as they were looking to add some rail protection to their rods with it as well.

Olddog8 likes this.
  5. craigen

craigen Got Spooled

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    none
    I have an M&M custom Rainshadow 70XXH and it performed well paired with my Penn 16 and 100# line.

130# Dec2016.jpg

Redzwulf likes this.