www.bigbait.jp
Name
Capt. G
Boat
黒潮No.2
WOW.
Is all I have to say.
And another thing, I like the colors.
And, I like the new Salty Dawg Rods logo on the bottom rod pic.
And, I like beaver. I use their pelts for making garments, tying flies, and flossing my teeth.

FAT CAT

FAT CAT
Nov 11, 2007
Baja Sur, MX
Name
Bill Burkett
Boat
22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
Looking at the MAXIMUS report on their 300 pounder, I'd say they needed these rods last week. There's not much left of the fore-grip on that rod. Nice work as always Bill.

Derfsondeck

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 2006
Ventura
Name
Fred
Boat
Poopshoot
Awesome Bill.I know Keith is excited about it.And I know he's proud of it too_Our friends will be putting those to good use in the near future!

poncherello

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Those are some beefy guides. What kind of guides are those? Cool looking rods.

forefrazier

Captain
Jun 14, 2007
OC
Name
Steve Frazier
Boat
Cabo 226
Very classy Bill...What blanks are they built on?

Capt. G

BD Outdoors Contributor
May 25, 2007
Osaka, Japan
www.bigbait.jp
Name
Capt. G
Boat
黒潮No.2
Very classy Bill...What blanks are they built on?

I belive these are some proto OEM Rail (Dawg) Blanks Bill has been working with. It does make sense for someone like Bill, with both fishing and rod building skills , to pair up with a Mfg to produce a unique product (blank) exclusive to SDR.

Toro-X

Independence 100 lb club
Jun 27, 2006
Los Angeles
Name
Bobby
Boat
none
Those are some beefy guides. What kind of guides are those? Cool looking rods.
I believe those are PacBay BBSG guides. They are a copy of the Fuji USG guides that have been discontinued. The USG have a stonger frame than the HBSG guides. One problem is they are bridged and will not flex like the HB type guides. The rings are availabe in Sic and Hialloy. They are good guides.

SALTYDAWG

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 1, 2003
Casa DE Oro
www.saltydawgcustomrods.com
Name
Bill
Boat
sold it
I believe those are PacBay BBSG guides. They are a copy of the Fuji USG guides that have been discontinued. The USG have a stonger frame than the HBSG guides. One problem is they are bridged and will not flex like the HB type guides. The rings are availabe in Sic and Hialloy. They are good guides.
You are incorrect, they are not Pac Bays, They are Batsons

JTrelikes

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2006
Lakeside, CA
Name
Jim Trelikes
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
S-Dawg is correct. These are Batson guides. Pac Bay makes a similar one, but not as high quality.

I was a big fan of the old USG Fuji's as well, but you're correct about the flexing factor. Back when I fell in love with the USG's they were the best boat rod guide on the market before crossing over to rollers.

So many options out there now days. That's a great thing.........yes?

Top Shot

Gold Coast Lady Anglers
May 28, 2008
Ventura County
Name
Erika
Boat
Yours
Allright Bill...Those look killer...Keith and crew will be super stoked....Even the Rail boss handles are shredding....Not like its easy to keep the handle exactly in that 8 inch area.....

we gotta share a rail pretty soon here.... Hope you kill it on your trip.

Capt. G

BD Outdoors Contributor
May 25, 2007
Osaka, Japan
www.bigbait.jp
Name
Capt. G
Boat
黒潮No.2
The Pac Bay guides are stronger than the Fuji HB guides...could you please provide the test data on that? The Pac Bay guides are bridged...and do not flex...and yet the guide/ring is more durable?

SALTYDAWG

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 1, 2003
Casa DE Oro
www.saltydawgcustomrods.com
Name
Bill
Boat
sold it
Allright Bill...Those look killer...Keith and crew will be super stoked....Even the Rail boss handles are shredding....Not like its easy to keep the handle exactly in that 8 inch area.....

we gotta share a rail pretty soon here.... Hope you kill it on your trip.
Thats the beauty of the Rail Dawgs, 18 inches of indestructable fore grip, You and Fred should come by the shop and I'll hook you up with some Rail Dawgs

steelfish

Baja Boy..
Oct 16, 2008
Calexico, Ca / BAJA,Mexico
Name
Alex
Boat
dos por favor
I was searching for rods with USG or BSUL guides for stand-up rods and found this thread (sorry if Im posting on al old thread), let me say that rod looks really good wearing those guides, but I havent seen many rods lately using those kind of guides like BSUL or the ones from PacBay, seems like the trending is using XHN alps and HB fuji guides for tuna / sharks rods nowadays.

does any one have some pics of rods with this BSUL guides?