Radoncraft 16' Bahia

Discussion in 'Fishing Boats For Sale Classified Ads' started by Torrn, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
    I couldn't upload photos so here's a description and a Craigslist address with pics on it.

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/boa/4157060828.html

1989 Radoncraft with 1999 Mercury Optimax 150hp "Cleanwater Edition" (can be run in lake Tahoe). Engine has 800+ hrs. and runs excellent. I've had this boat for 5 years and have replaced everything. The T-top was custom built by Anderson Boats, 6 rocket launchers, and all electronics were installed by either Radon or Anderson. There's a 20 gallon gas tank built in and a removable 12 gallon (completely connectable) gas tank for the center fish hold. I average 3.5 Miles Per Gallon when I'm cruising at 23 knots, on a nice day.

Electronics:
    Raymarine C70 with Radar, Sonar, Through hull Tranducer, DSM 300, and Nav card.
    Garmin 545s with transducer showing speed and water temps, plus a gold nav card.
    Fuel Flow Counter
    Raymarine S1000 auto Pilot.
    Standard Horizon Explorer VHF (brand new)
    LifeLine House Battery
    LifeLine Starting Battery
    Blue Sea Battery Equalizers
    Blue Sea Circuit Board (waterproof)
    Deck Lights

Other stuff:
    Trim Tabs
    Hydraulic Steering
    Ritchie Compass
    13 Gallon Bait Tank
    Saltwater Wash Down
    Ping Pong Scuppers with custom bilge head built into boat by Anderson.
    ACR E-Perb
    850 gallon per hour Bilge pump and custom 1" drain.
    Bilge Hi Water Alarm
    11lb Bruce Anchor with rode and chain
    8lb anchor with rode and chain
    Drift Anchor
    Cannon Downriggers (2) plus 10lb balls.
    Gaff
    Life Jackets (2)
    Bumpers (2)
    Front splash guard
    Todd seat with 4 rocket launchers.
    Brand New Hoist Straps
    Dolly

Trailer has New Lights and Tires (quality) were replaced last year. Lifetime registration on trailer. Boat is registered every 2 years and is currently registered.

I've taken this boat to the Channel Islands several times and have slept on it while at the islands. It's bigger and sturdier than you could imagine for a 16'. She's caught everything there is to catch! Absolutely incredible boat. I'm selling because I need something with a cabin to put wife and kids in. I've invested over $14,000 in electronics and upgrades...the labor was a lot more expensive.

$15,750 obo.

Please call or text. I am willing to run her for serious buyers.
    Phone:
    8 zero 5 - 7 five 7 - four 5 7 four

2. sbsurfer

sbsurfer I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
    Added some pics for ya.

These are the biggest 16ft boats out there, awesome little boats. Good luck with the sale!

Attached Files:

3. trevpiee

trevpiee Newbie

Name:
    trevor
    Boat:
    Radon 16
    whoa!! how fast wot with the 150? I have a 60 yami on mine. great boat. good luck with sale

4. Lucky B

Lucky B Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Yellowfin 26' Hybrid / Cabo 48' FB
    This is a sick little boat! Good Luck with sale!

5. fish doctor

fish doctor Newbie

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    Sea ray signature 200
    I want it but need to sell my bow rider first
    maybe soon

6. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
    When I first had the Engine installed it had a different prop. With that prop I took the boat up to 46+ knots before I decided to die another day. The prop on her now has less pitch, produces more torque, and she tops out at 35 knots. In gear it trolls at 1.8 knots.

This boat, and especially engine, are a great platform for inshore fishing. I'd drift her in from 15'-6' fishing the channels in-between the kelp, picking up halibut, c-bass, and grass/kelp bass. Often I needed to start her up and whip around into a wave with no time to spare. Any unavoidable seaweed would slow a smaller engine down, but this Optimax doesn't slow down for anything. She puts the boat on plane within 2 seconds. If you put the throttle down you, and everybody else on board, better have a good grip.

7. sbsurfer

sbsurfer I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
    Bump for a killer trailerable Radon

8. firefishq

firefishq Newbie

Name:
    A
    Boat:
    none
    great looking little boat.

9. highplanesdrifter

highplanesdrifter Captain

Name:
    Will
    Boat:
    Emma June
    Sick boat……Seen you fly by me the other day. bump for the best little boat on the water.

10. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
  11. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
    Boatonocean.jpg This is the perfect 1 man commercial fishing rig. It's incredibly steady, all necessary electronics to travel at night, fog, etc... She has 3 HUGE fish holds, and an auto-tether if you fall over while trolling it stops engine. She weighs 2,700 lbs. dry, so she ain't light, she's built RIGHT. She has a 90+ mile range, just imagine the possibilities in Baja, California, Oregon, and Washington.

Make me an offer.

12. caliman409

caliman409 Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    RADON
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear your selling it, but i understand! good luck with the sale, I have this exact boat, anyone who knows Radon boats will not be disappointed! good luck in your sale!

:2gunsfiring_v1:

13. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
    Thanks for the good words Caliman. It was good talking with you on the phone. I'll send you pics and a description of the scupper modification. It's a must for all of these 16' Bahia. My year at least.

The reason you'll find as much or more electronics on my 16' than most 20'+ boats is because these boats are so stable and rugged...the Captains skill limits what you can do with one of these boats, not the boat. You can trailer it anywhere and have all the electronics to be safe and efficiently fish in a lot of different conditions.

I've had a lot of interest but this is a tough economy. If you don't like the 150 2 stroke Optimax (awesome engine) then sell it and put the money towards a new 90 or 115. Anything less than a 90 isn't enough for one of these 16' in open ocean (IMOP). As I mentioned earlier, she weighs 2,700 lbs. That's a lot for a 16' CC. Built like a tank.

14. euy

euy Member

CARSON in the soul Lake Balboa physically
    Name:
    ernie
    Boat:
    18 ft invader
    anyway you can post pics of how this deck is laid out?

15. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
    I hope these work. I'm 6'1" and fit completely in center hold with lid down. I'd hopped off dirty asphalt with bare feet and took pics. Boat is clean, not dirty ever.

Boatfishholds.jpg Boatfishholds1.jpg Boatfishhilds2.jpg

16. euy

euy Member

CARSON in the soul Lake Balboa physically
    Name:
    ernie
    Boat:
    18 ft invader
    thanks for the pics man. sorry i am just a tire kicker but i've always like these 16' radons but know so little about them since there isn't too many of them around. any pics of the stern with the lean post and bait tank? thanks in advance for your time. -e

17. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  18. IM2MONEY

IM2MONEY Member

Name:
    Jimmy
    Boat:
    Kayak
    how much do you think the boat weighs loaded with gear and gas? I think my truck towing capacity is 3,500-4,000.

Thanks
    Jimmy

19. Torrn

Torrn Newbie

Name:
    BC
    Boat:
    16' ,Radon
    Boatleanpost.jpg Boatbaittank.jpg

These pics give a slight view of the lean post and bait tank behind it. I only use the bait tank when I'm fishing live bait, otherwise I take it off. It's easy to take off. There's not much room to move around between the lean post and engine area when it's on and it adds some weight to the stern when it's full. Anderson Boats made a little platform for the bait tank to sit on because the only space available is on top of the bilge door. There's only so much space available, but it sure is fun having a tank full of squid and fishing...anything.

I've got no problem answering questions from "tire kickers" (lol) or anybody else. The more you guys know about her the better decision you can make figuring if you want her.

She weighs 2,700 lbs. fully loaded with gear and 32 gallons of gas. She was weighed for the Gaviota Hoist and came in around 2,450+ lbs dry.

20. IM2MONEY

IM2MONEY Member

Name:
    Jimmy
    Boat:
    Kayak
    could you put a ice chest seat in front of the console like many of the other 17 and 18? I love your boat just trying to figure out if I could go out with my wife and two kids, or do you think the boat would not be able to accomidate seating for 4.

Thanks
    Jimmy