WTB radon/radoncraft 16

db_saltyfish

Jul 6, 2019
northern central Cal
Name
Dave
Boat
F/V Still Searching
Was down in Goleta visiting the Anderson yard and emailed about that 17' just to get more info and hopefully see it. Never heard back from the guy then saw the new price up $5K...interesting tactic

ratboy

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
Did you sell that 18 Parker ?. Always though that would be a good boat to put a Radon style house on. I do miss my little 15 Radon. Good luck bud. Kirk
I sold it a year and a half ago, I miss the ease and fuel economy.

Nov 6, 2010
Ventucky
www.resistsurfboards.net
Name
Jeff Hull
Boat
24 Radon Cummins / Konrad Powered
Hey Ratboy! I am up in Oregon with Ron right now. He's he's got the 16 mold all prepped and once were done with our project were working on he will get back to building the 16's again. I know he has at least 2 customers eagerly waiting to have 16's started. my guess is in next 2 weeks he will be waxing the mold and start taking orders again.

The mold that Harold had prob ended up with the guy that bought his molds. The one that Ron has is the same design just a little more solid built because it doesnt have molded decks that can separate or be compromised from being foamed in.

Don't settle for a 15.. those are not half the boat of the 16's. The 15s were built for Washington rivers and fishing in the sound. Some guys push them to the limits locally here but for where your at and what you want to use it for a 16 with a integral bracket extension is a pretty solid platform for a tiny boat.

Last edited:

ratboy

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
Hey Ratboy! I am up in Oregon doing a Ron right now. He's he's got the 16 mold all prepped and once were done with our project were working on he will get back to building the 16's again. I know he has at least 2 customers eagerly waiting to have 16's started. my guess is in next 2 weeks he will be waxing the mold and start taking orders again.

The mold that Harold had prob ended up with the guy that bought his molds. The one that Ron has is the same design just a little more solid built because it doesnt have molded decks that can separate or be compromised from being foamed in.

Don't settle for a 15.. those are not half the boat of the 16's. The 15s were built for Washington rivers and fishing in the sound. Some guys push them to the limits locally here but for where your at and what you want to use it for a 16 with a integral bracket extension is a pretty solid platform for a tiny boat.
thanks Jeff shoot me a text when the dust settles up there

HarborSeal

Mar 24, 2015
Santa Barbara County
Name
Justin
Boat
Del Mar 13, Hawkins 10.5
He is making 3 for the 3 lucky people who gave him deposits last year. Not taking any more deposits or orders until he finishes the first 3 and has a better idea on time it takes and costs associated with the build. Anyone hear anything different feel free to chime in.