Radioactive water coming to Northwest shore......https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/asia/japan-fukushima-water-intl-hnk/index.html

Baby J

Grady prick in training
  • Jul 28, 2017
    Graham, WA
    Name
    Jeremy
    Boat
    Grady White 265 Express Walkaround

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Why not pile another shit sandwich on the buffet!! I don't care how big of optimist you are, this will not be good. Their currents flow right through us (depending if it's Nino or Nina). It's getting down to bull-heads, dabs, and squid unless you go to the coast.

I love this quote "Instead, it will have been treated through a system that removes most of the radioactive material except for tritium, an isotope of hydrogen not harmful to humans in small amounts."

I love tritium in my fish/shellfish...kinda like MSG. Sorry to be negative, but this ecosystem is strained as is, not the best news for the future.......

finsane

Jabroni
    Oct 11, 2005
    California
    Name
    Dennis
    Boat
    None
    I believe it
    4FE08424-C7AC-4E02-B41F-395F37F05C6B.jpeg

Westportuna

Pidge Capt
    Mar 21, 2008
    RICHLAND, WA, United States
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    Runabout
    Radioactive material is atomic physics. There is no distinction between natural and manmade radioactive material. The earth loads the ocean with radioactive materials...If you could harvest the tritium in a cubic mile of seawater your family would not have to work for 5 generations. What Japan is doing has an immeasurably minute effect. But it sells CNN and encourages the public not to bother learning, just let us know how it makes you feel.
    Manufacture of the single rod you fish with next caused greater environmental harm than what Japan is up to...If you are serious, I suggest you bury all your cancer causing, besides environmental impacting, fishing tackle and bid the rest of mankind do the same.

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    Manufacture of the single rod you fish with next caused greater environmental harm than what Japan is up to...If you are serious, I suggest you bury all your cancer causing, besides environmental impacting, fishing tackle and bid the rest of mankind do the same.
    Maybe not a single rod, but I think I know what you’re trying to say: normal industrial pollution vs Fukushima water.

But really, isn’t harming fish the point of fishing tackle? Although my king salmon gear hasn’t hurt any fish for a long time. 😣

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    What's a little tritium between friends?
    fb

• Haha
    Reactions: BugeaterInWa

pe7575

Dec 1, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Name
    Phil
    Boat
    C-Dory
    There's been more tritium dumped in the water from recent boating accidents than what is coming from "treated" Fukushima water. The response from China was hilarious:

“A Japanese official said it’s okay if you drink this water,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a news briefing. “Then please drink it.”

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    I second what others have said. Tritium is naturally occurring and I bet the concentration of the water they are taking about is safer than the water in the sound.

I also want to point out the scale of what we are talking about. A million metric tons is 100 meters cubed. We are 7.74 million meters from Japan. The Pacific ocean is massive. This 100 cubic meter dump will create an immeasurable difference in radioactive material in the ocean even if it had enough tritium to glow in the dark.

Keep Chargin'