Radiation and our fishing...Fukashima- any news?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by ranchero, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ranchero

ranchero fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    25 skipjack -Albatross
    No one's talking about it. I hear this and that but not from sources I trust. Have read nothing in Pacific Coast Sportfishing about it. I may have missed an article or two. Any buzz from Avalon Tuna Club or IGFA?

Are there any credible sources to look to for what impact we are beginning to see in the Pacific from Fukashima. Wondering what impacts we have seen to reefs in Pacific and how close to West Coast. Tuna Stocks- especially albacore, bft, and if they have been impacted or studies showing how much radiation has been absorbed by stocks of species.

2. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
  3. OCEAN theRAPIST

OCEAN theRAPIST Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    randy
    Boat:
    ocean therapist
    im sure some where its affecting something and from what i have seen fukashima might be getting worse but it seems alot of the news reports of radiation infected tuna seem to be crap. i even heard that the deformed whale they found was do to the radiation......more crap. i worry more about using a microwave to cook or going in for xrays. i think i have a better chance of getting gout from eating to much fish then radiation poisoning. besides at the rate things are going how much longer will things last on earth with the way we treat it? 100 years?

4. low_blow

low_blow RIP Laguna

Name:
    Wes
    Boat:
    Rum Runner/chevrolegs
  5. OnoEric

OnoEric Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Grady White 208