NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat Name
35 Cabo Express
I am looking for a Radar mount to raise my 18" Furuno Radar up and forward around 10 to 16 inches. If you have one and want to sell it, let me know. Something similar to the pic below. Thanks

radar mount.jpg

radar mount.jpg

radar mount.jpg

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat Name
35 Cabo Express
They are about 150 new online so they are not worth fabricating. I was just looking to see if someone had one laying around before I ordered a new one. Thanks though.

Upvote 0

hotrod1127

Feb 19, 2012
san diego
Name
Rodney
Boat Name
Seapro
There was one on craigslist just like this one for 100.00. Bet he would take 75.00. Check craigslist in san diego under boats

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat Name
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
I've got a home made aluminum one, unfortunately holes are lowrance/Garmin.

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat Name
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Blows my mind what they charge for those things (200+)..... talk about a HUGE mark-up!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

They are a pain in the ass to build, pay US wages, taxes, bummercare, etc. Then they need to have some sort cushion so a retailer can make a few bucks. Competition is A-Holes that build em in their garage :cool:. $200 seems cheap actually.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat Name
Kencraft CC
They are a pain in the ass to build, pay US wages, taxes, bummercare, etc. Then they need to have some sort cushion so a retailer can make a few bucks. Competition is A-Holes that build em in their garage :cool:. $200 seems cheap actually.

Sorry bro, but this guy just isn't buying that.

I've been around some welding over the years..... know guys in the buiz. To say those things are a pain in the ass to build is laughable..... sorry but just speaking the truth.

Lets face it..... it's nothing more than a straight pipe (alum, stainless or whatever you wish)...... you take that straight pipe (anywhere from 4" to 12") and angle cut it on both sides...... make two plates.... bottom mount plate, and top radar plate..... drill a few mounting holes, make 2 welds and you're done.

Compare that to numerous other things, like for example a bike frame, with FAR more material, curves, numerous welds and far more, and well yeah.... $200 bucks for a very small 8" piece of straight pipe (that weighs next to nothing) with two plates and two welds is pretty crazy IMO.

You can purchase Rocket launchers with more work involved for far less money. I've been around a little...... both you & I know, that $200+ for one of those is pretty high digit...... and even more so from a company that mass produces them is seriously high $$.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

oceanjake

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 10, 2005
Long Beach
Name
Jake
Boat Name
36’ Tiara Express
I built the satellite dome mount on my boat with $30 worth of aluminum from the remnant section of my local metal yard. It's twice as stout as one I could have built and fits my application perfectly. Sometimes metal costs will surprise you ($50 for a 10" round piece of aluminum for a fighting chair plate) but others are very reasonable. I would like to think a manufacturer would have the inside line on the specific components needed to mass produce something like this. Just the same, it's hard to knock a company for turning the biggest possible profit. If someone doesn't like it they have the same opportunity to go learn to weld, buy a welder, buy the gas, buy the gloves, mask, etc and "save some money":)

Meanwhile, the offer stands for DIY people on here for me to help get you going on minor fab jobs.

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat Name
35 Cabo Express
There is one on San Diego craigslist on the first page of the boats for sale for $100

Thanks, I checked that one out and it is the wrong pattern for my Radome. I appreciate it. I bit the bullet today and ordered a new one because i need to get it installed this weekend.

Upvote 0

Albiebac

Jul 23, 2004
Scripps Ranch
Name
Eric
Boat Name
25' Skipjack, Albiebac II
Not necessarily true guys...... I did finally reply to Nick first, then you Mike, admittedly too late.
As mentioned in my PM reply, with the new "outstanding" format, the PM's are literally buried behind ad banners and don't automatically pop up anymore, so I missed Nick's PM's (and yours Mike), even though I checked many times. Seemed weird that he didn't reply, since he was hot on getting his radar mounted. I apologized profusely to Nick, then went to the next in line.
-Eric

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat Name
35 Cabo Express
Not necessarily true guys...... I did finally reply to Nick first, then you Mike, admittedly too late.
As mentioned in my PM reply, with the new "outstanding" format, the PM's are literally buried behind ad banners and don't automatically pop up anymore, so I missed Nick's PM's (and yours Mike), even though I checked many times. Seemed weird that he didn't reply, since he was hot on getting his radar mounted. I apologized profusely to Nick, then went to the next in line.
-Eric

Yes, this is accurate. Thanks for replying and explaining it.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat Name
Aquasport 222 FFV
I've got a home made aluminum one, unfortunately holes are lowrance/Garmin.

I'm happy with what you made me. There are no coin stacks goign on but it is a perfectly functional radar stand and exactly what I wanted for the price I paid.

I would have you build me another if I needed it.

Upvote 0

longknife

Salmon....The other pink meat
Apr 30, 2011
Stanwood, wa
Name
Wade
Boat Name
23' wellcraft "HELL YA"
I have your mount if your still looking,, same thing as pictured above, never installed, wrong app for my hardtop.

How dose $100 sound?

Upvote 0