Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
MAN...! I know your pain. I lost my old cholate lab, "Throttle" earlier this year. He was also 14 years old. He was just a pet, but would have been an awesome hunting dog if I got him as a pup. I have a Golden pup now that is in training at High On kennels waiting to start a new chapter. Dogs don't last long compared to us, and it really hits hard when we have to part with them. You'll have that bouncy little puppy soon, tearing up everything within reach, testing your patience, and burrowing in yours and your family's heart. Best too ya man!

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Thanks for sharing.....we understand.......

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Only mistake God made when he invented dogs, was how long they live.

Sorry, and I know the feeling. I still have not gotten another dog for just me.

Got the kids a couple rat lap dogs....but I just don't want that pain again.

Upvote 0

Cory

Rule #2 Doubletap
Admin
Apr 1, 2005
San Diego
Name
Cory
Boat
Tuna Jihad
Sorry for your loss Bill. The bond between a hunter and his retriever is like nothing else. I dread that day.

Upvote 0

saravonshep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 26, 2006
Coldspring, Texas
Name
chris
Boat
Boatless
Sad news, its hard losing your friend. Ive lost my shepherd i had for 13 years another shepherd that was 10 and a black lab that was poisoned by some jerks and i hope they rot!!

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Winda is my friend, my hunting partner and most of all she is my duck dog.

A odd female she was built like a male, her prime weight was around 84lbs. By 7 Months she was fully grown and looked like a 3 year old. For the first 9 years of her life she was a machine, few dogs will get to retrieve as many ducks and pheasant as her. She was hard headed like her owner :) often testing the limits of the E collar. Its a strange sight to see a dog take the high setting and just look at you like " is that all you got". She just LOVED to hunt. When getting the gear out a day before a trip she would not sleep and just wait by the door in a panic that i would leave with out her.

By age 9 you could see the burden of her size was taking a toll and her sister Tia was taking over the job of fetching birds. No one expected her to make it to 14 honestly but i am so glad she did. The friendship she gave me in some of my hardest personal times and then again in the best of times as my family grew is priceless. She hung on long enough for my daughter to grow to age 4 and i hope she can hang on to the memories.

Thank you for the years of being our dog winda

I am heart broken right now, i miss you old girl.........
windagirl2_zps6854ad80.jpg

windagirl_zpscd9e9546.jpg

ducks2_zps90c27cb4.jpg
bd1_zps62500e36.jpg
I'm sorry and beautiful dog. Dogs are more loyal than anything in the world. Even than our families! And yes it's true! I will post my dog at the end of your post as that's my special pup! I don't want to detract from your loss! Sorry! Sjr

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
My PIE as we call her Chance. She was abused and rescued her. Not a hunter, but a beautiful soul and loyal as u know what! This post makes me miss her as I'm on the road in Denver. Again, sorry for your loss! Robert

image.jpg

Upvote 0