OUTFITTER'D
Feb 18, 2006
Strike Zone
www.radiosilencefishing.com
Name
Justin Reynolds
Boat
Free Ranger
Instead of going long (the islands)...I went deep (the local).
I had the pleasure of fishing with the two guys collectively known as Team Snook Hunter.
I knew that they probably had a good bite going into the recently 'stormed out' S.W.B.A tournament out of Long Beach, and with the weather stabilized (for now), I thought it would be a productive day of filming a session with them. I was correct for the first time since the last time.
We fished 5 or 6 areas...2 of them were more productive than the others, but we caught fish at almost every stop.
It's impressive to watch two people who fish together frequently, play their roles at different times when needed. It's also pretty special to me to be able to capture the dynamic that exists between good friends while doing what they love to do best.
I'll let these frame grabs do the reporting...Thanks for another lesson in fishing deeper water and BIG THANKS for letting the cameras steal your souls for the day!
WHO'S NEXT? Just let me know, because my batteries will be charged.
Stay SILENT!

The Sun rises in the East...but they can still set it in the WEST.

Here's where they took me?

Team SNOOK HUNTER

HOT KOTCH...so hot, here he is in the flame retardant Grundens

HOT KOTCH keepin' it cool!

Capt. SNOOK

One of MANY.

And another.

THE FISHPAINTER

Doubled Up...(there were several)

They let me catch a couple.
SINK

SWING

THANKS!

4" PEARL on a PINK 1oz WAR head. As soon as I swung on this fish, it started whoopin' me. I knew it was a giant, but I didn't want to say anything and jinx myself. When this thing came up to the surface, it was sideways and upside down, and looked like a World Record Sandbass...my heart was blasting thru my chest cavity!
Then, it rolled over in the net and set us straight...It was an awesome fight on my swimbait rod and now I have an idea of what it would be like to catch a 20 or so pound calico or sandbass. The fish never left the water while HOT KOTCH got his hands throttled taking the hook out for me. Thanks brah!

Kotch was the hot stick today.

I filmed him tie the 'Tony Pena Knot' in under 30 seconds...Slow Motion filmed in HD at 720p still wouldn't help you!

This.

Led to this.

And then this.

I'll give you a couple of WAR heads if you can tell me who is in the background here.

I genuinely felt like these two were kind of bummed on our fish count and it seemed like they wanted more out of the day...Don't let them come on here and tell you that it was 'ALRIGHT,' because they would have weighed around 27lbs. with their five biggest fish. SHEESH.

We ran into the FISH JUNKIES crew out there. Hey dudes.

Even though I'm not fishing the S.W.B.A this season, they still held out on some secret baits...but I'm here to tell you what those baits are. THIS.

I'll be putting together some clips for you to watch in a few days!

til' then ya' HOUNDS!

get some

So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
Justin, it was great having you on the boat today!
Man when that BSB came up upside down, it looked EXACTLY like a 15+ sand bass...
Well, at least it was a rush for a second.

Sorry that we didn't catch more fish later in the day. We probably would have if we'd have stayed in that first area, but I was getting bored with catching those those cookie cutter 4 lbers and just had to go looking...

We'll have to do it again soon!

Last edited:

Capt. G

BD Outdoors Contributor
May 25, 2007
Osaka, Japan
www.bigbait.jp
Name
Capt. G
Boat
黒潮No.2
Outstanding!
BTW

big sandbass do not eat lizzardfish.

duanediego

fish hard.
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Duane
Boat
Pinnacle - Parker 2520XLD
looks like another killer day on the water with good people... nice stylings fellas!

Hooops

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
Epic - looking forward to seeing the footage cut down.

aquaman_2020

aquaman
Oct 19, 2006
beverlyhills
Name
Raymond
Boat
20' TROPHY WA
looks like you guys got this down .and that is Rubber Ducky

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
I'll give you a couple of WAR heads if you can tell me who is in the background here.

TunaSlam

Cory and Lal

get some

So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
NICE DAY !!!

Good to see you guys out there........

JT, it was good to see you and Shea out there enjoying the day. Couldn't ask for better weather...

Too bad that they moved the February event to June.
If they would have had it this last weekend, there would have been some HUGE bags posted and I'm willing to bet that Oh Son's record would have been in jeopardy....

We launched late and missed the grey light bite, but still had our biggest bag of the year by 10 AM (and that was without using our secret baits...:rofl:)...

It seems like this El Nino condition has moved the clock ahead by a couple months fishing-wise. Last year at this time, we had 53 degree water and it's been between 58-60 for the last month. If this keeps up, I'll be standing by for the big calicos to bite on the Shoe in April instead of June...

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
No, but that fish eye lens is very slimming...
I thought the camera adds 10lbs.

Very disappointed in you - not attending the PacQuest 2 Day Island / Holdem tourny - I even have a handle of Jack ready to go.

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
All you need to do is buy my ticket and I am there...
It's an investment - after holdem and rockfish jackpot winnings you'll be ahead by a couple hundred...

A wise man once said: "you'll never hit a homerun sitting on the bench."

It's an interesting angler line-up for sure...

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
dude, I'm unemployed and my wife barely makes enough to cover me fishing on my skiff 3 days a week. Life is rough...
I get it - job market sucks out there right now - and fishing inshore bass 3 days a week is very depressing as well.

I'm ready to hit your sculpin hole anytime in between your on-camera sessions.

Got some interesting island news 5 minutes ago - will give you a call tomorrow.