tunakillerjoe1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
66 degree water, flat, glassy, a few porps, a few patties loaded with bait, but no action. Trolled Rap magnums north/south for a couple of hours, not much happening! The patties looked ripe, ready for yellos and dorado! Had a hard time finding Macs at the mouth of MB channel, had to go to Point Loma (red tide everywhere!)

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
66 degree water, flat, glassy, a few porps, a few patties loaded with bait, but no action. Trolled Rap magnums north/south for a couple of hours, not much happening! The patties looked ripe, ready for yellos and dorado! Had a hard time finding Macs at the mouth of MB channel, had to go to Point Loma (red tide everywhere!)
Good detail Joe, keep at it you'll get them soon, surprised you didn't see a Marlin.

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC & S/V Lunar Dawn a Casade 36' Sloop
I was out there right at the border as well yesterday. Couldn't find any YT on the few paddies I saw. Saw TONS of birds chilling out there waiting for the party to kick off.

Went just south of the border line and just past the 12 mile "no need for a passport and Visa" line and found a small group of tuna boiling and jumping on spots of bait with a dozen or so birds. Real small and real skittish though. Everytime I tried to ease over to them they would dropout before I could close enough to ID them. They were up and down about six.times right after 1200. The closest the.i saw them I could see a tallish second dorsal fin and vertical tail. Definitely not dolphin but couldn't confirm between BFT or YFT.