Ducky Duckworth

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 29, 2013
Anacortes
Name
Curt
Boat
Duck, Duck, Goose
Quick tuna report in case anyone is going tomorrow. We were on Duckworth Steve's boat @sgwill122

Think we have 20 in the boat. Got a good stop going at 36/56. Had to leave with fish under the boat to make the bar crossing before dark.

Steve can fill in the rest of the details.
Good luck.

imagejpeg_0_01.jpg imagejpeg_1.jpg

Last edited:

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Awesome pic! Thanks for the quick report. I’m sure y’all are wiped out.

Reactions: dragonballs

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
There are no hamachi in washington :D

Great report can’t wait to get back out there. Nice job guys

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
Aug 3, 2009
Olympia,WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies

Ducky Duckworth

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 29, 2013
Anacortes
Name
Curt
Boat
Duck, Duck, Goose
Kamania was out there with us. They helped direct us to some fish. Steve has more details on were we ran.

It was a great bunch of guys today. The closest guy in the picture is James, @Zulu on BD from Zufish. Thapp is on the bottom. I don't know his BD name. Steve is driving. It was a great crew with lots of laughs.

Storm1

Feb 4, 2008
Hansville, Wa
Name
Tom
Boat
24' North River OS "ALICE E"
2nd picture says it all!
Thanks for the report. Fingers crossed for this weekend.

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
Got a report from a friend that was out today also.
He got both a bluefin and a hamachi today.
Ah, you mean Buri....those we got...lol

sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Adding a few more details although a little late. We decided to run to the corners (46/125) as we heard there was some decent reports the day before. We stopped about 10 miles short and continued to troll that way. Within a few minutes we hooked a fish and crackered it at the boat shaking off cobwebs. We got trolling again and hooked another fish and were ready this time to convert. We had five bait lines in the water but the wind was blowing pretty good which was too many lines for conditions. Curt, now known as 'Ironman' grabbed a jig rod and got to work and hooked 3 fish one after the other but only one made it to the boat. I grabbed the other jig rod but could not hook a fish. We marked fish under the boat for 20 minutes but only had one bait rod go off which came off. We felt pretty good about the quick start. Then nothing happened for the next 7 hours. We saw the ARSC boats trolling in the distance most of the morning and early afternoon so figured we were in the right area. We could hear Oregon boats 15 miles south of us picking off sporadic fish and also could hear some Bloodydeckers about the same distance North trying to hail us but no one could hear our response. The wind died down and the water flattened out and the crew got some great naps. We figured the bite would turn back on in the afternoon but by 3:00 we decided to troll back North and were able to raise Kamania on the VHF and he told us he had 16 fish which sounded a lot better than 3 so we picked up and ran the 15 miles. We picked up 2 more troll fish and decided we would head in at 7:00pm. At 6:30 we hit a double, Curt was able to get things converted on a iron and the fish started hitting our bait lines. We put on 15 fish over the next 90 minutes. I would like to say we headed in at 8:00 to avoid running in the dark but we only stopped as we ran out of live bait. We should have had plenty but over half our bait died within a few hours, Kamania had the same bait story. We ran in at 35MPH on smooth water and pulled into the dock just as it was getting dark. We definitely had an awesome crew.

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
Apr 27, 2013
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
24’ Hewes Alaskan
Sucks to hear about the bait. The bait we had Saturday was amazing! Way to stick it out and make them pay. I need to learn the jig better for when the bait isn’t holding up

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Dead bait for chum

Iron for killing alberts.

Might be time to call Thrasher for a couple jig sticks ;). This newest one one will be #5 for me. I might have a problem.

The Shimano Trevalas work quite well too, but ain’t from a local boy

Reactions: FishPimpII

sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
One of the most unique parts of this trip is we heard two sonic booms mid afternoon. Most of us had never heard one before and thought a engine exploded or North Korea was launching missiles but fortunately we had a pilot on board who identified it.

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
Sucks to hear about the bait. The bait we had Saturday was amazing! Way to stick it out and make them pay. I need to learn the jig better for when the bait isn’t holding up
I had crummy bait Friday also. It was bad enough that just to see I changed out the pump cartridge. Quick and easy the way I have set up. Probably took a minute. Put the cartridge that I pulled back in at the dock. The tank which is a Defiance 45 or whatever it is filled in 3minutes 20 seconds. Marlin Mike told me that's too fast but I've never had bait problems before so now I'm confused. Was it bad bait or my tank flow. Lance and Mike told me they had great bait Saturday.

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
That’s a lot of flow for the little choices to fight. Filling in 7-8 minutes is about right. Close your input valve down. I’m assuming you’re running an 1,100 gph pump, which is plenty for a 45 gallon tank.

Reactions: KimH and Team Sency

Sea Sport

Made in Washington
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn, WA
Name
Chuck Masonic
Boat
Excalibur-2700 Sea Sport Pilot-
Agree with Laurence, 7-8 minutes to fill.
It is nice to hear reports of getting back into a tuna flow again after a couple of lean years. Hope they stick around for a while and the sharks take a break.

Reactions: Tuna-Tic and KimH

Ducky Duckworth

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 29, 2013
Anacortes
Name
Curt
Boat
Duck, Duck, Goose
We only got sharked on one rod the entire day. Nothing like the last 2 years.

Reactions: GregE