Mar 30, 2007
Laguna Niguel, CA
Name
Kurtis
Boat
Parker 2520
Decided to ignore the potential afternoon rain and were out of the slip at 9 am
Foggy, cloudy and cool out
Loaded up gas and bait, headed S and the skies opened up to sunshine and flat seas
fishing at the rockpile by 10:30
Hit a few of our regular spots, steady pick on reds, whites, sheepies, short lings, and assorted rockfish
bite died for about an hour or so at the top of high tide, and then picked back up in the afternoon
red tuna crab EVERYWHERE
saw some nice marks that we dropped iron on throughout the day, no YT love, but Greezy pulled in a nice cuda on the iron
water at the pile was 64 and clear
kept some ceviche and tacos and released plenty more.
Never saw another boat or Mex Navy - Great winter day!
Only rain we hit was in the car on the drive home to OC.
-KVH out
IMG_6418.JPG
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6420.JPG
IMG_6423.JPG

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
What its all about right there.

Upvote 0

KVH

Almost A Member
Mar 30, 2007
Laguna Niguel, CA
Name
Kurtis
Boat
Parker 2520
Can I get a Chung Lee dead smelt report?

Bizzy - there were many attempts at Chung Mother-F'n Lee trying to recreated his "4 lings on one dead smelt" anomaly. Fact of the matter is, he was swinging on rock fish like they were large mouth bass! The largest fish he ever "hooked" he seemed to lose...including his rig. Learning curve is not attractive. But all in all, a great day on the water. Oh, and I may or may not have polished off the scotch on the boat....

-Kurtis

Upvote 0

Bizzy

May 19, 2009
Poway CA
Name
Tom
Boat
25 Parker
Bizzy - there were many attempts at Chung Mother-F'n Lee trying to recreated his "4 lings on one dead smelt" anomaly. Fact of the matter is, he was swinging on rock fish like they were large mouth bass! The largest fish he ever "hooked" he seemed to lose...including his rig. Learning curve is not attractive. But all in all, a great day on the water. Oh, and I may or may not have polished off the scotch on the boat....

-Kurtis
Ha! Between him and E it must have looked like a sword fight! No worry about the Scotch, if it was Irish I might care!

Upvote 0

jacko

Almost A Member
Apr 10, 2005
San Diego
Name
E
Boat
25 ft Parker
E can attest, both the weather and scotch were really good. Please don't put me in the Chung M'F'r Lee category tho. I actually caught fish including the sheehead and cuda....

Upvote 0

KVH

Almost A Member
Mar 30, 2007
Laguna Niguel, CA
Name
Kurtis
Boat
Parker 2520
Only Flexfits, though. Those things feel like they're going to pop my fat skull sometimes. Where's the trucker snap backs BD?

The hats are pretty dope...-Thanks E! I have the one in the pic, and then the one with them smaller BD logo and YT. They could be a little deeper/taller....but then again, that's what she said!

Reactions: jacko
Upvote 0