fly liner

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
Fucking exhausted so here's a quick report . Saturday super rookie buddy and I launched early got a healthy scoop of deans covered alot of water chased a whole lot of fish mostly inside of the 267 and to the north found a high concentration of fish around 33.03x117.33. We went 1-4 on 15lb line, find a hot bait and get in front of the fish, or slowly meter around these massive balls of bait,until you find one with real marks under or inside of them. And throw a couple dips of bait and they might come up. Today I fished solo, went to the numbers above, and found puddlers right away, hooked and farmed 3 of them, made my way out towards the 209 found marks super long soaked some baits got half a spool dumped by a fish, head back to the numbers at the end of the day and the fish where still around. Lively bait, lighter line, and maybe try to pick a smaller bait. Don't be shy about slow trolling sardines in an area that you are consistently seeing them.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    was in the same area yesterday 8/9.
    circle hooks and long soaks worked good.

Hell I even got one on 60 floor.

Upvote 0

Sloberdog

Almost A Member
    Jun 20, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Gabe
    Boat
    SeaPro 206 WAC F150
    Fucking exhausted so here's a quick report . Saturday super rookie buddy and I launched early got a healthy scoop of deans covered alot of water chased a whole lot of fish mostly inside of the 267 and to the north found a high concentration of fish around 33.03x117.33. We went 1-4 on 15lb line, find a hot bait and get in front of the fish, or slowly meter around these massive balls of bait,until you find one with real marks under or inside of them. And throw a couple dips of bait and they might come up. Today I fished solo, went to the numbers above, and found puddlers right away, hooked and farmed 3 of them, made my way out towards the 209 found marks super long soaked some baits got half a spool dumped by a fish, head back to the numbers at the end of the day and the fish where still around. Lively bait, lighter line, and maybe try to pick a smaller bait. Don't be shy about slow trolling sardines in an area that you are consistently seeing them.
    Quick question...were these Yellowfin? Or ?

Upvote 0

Latest posts