Offshore Quick report - Islands to the 425

May 28, 2020
San Diego
Name
Christian Olande
Boat
21' Chris Craft Sea Hawk
Headed to the islands for some yellowtail t take a break from all the bluefin madness.

Got to the South Island around 9am. A lot of barracuda and calicos on live bait and surface iron but no yellowtail.

Headed to the 425 to look for patty’s. On our way we came across some bluefin pushing an anchovy bait ball out of the water 2 miles south of the South Island! Got bit on the colt sniper first cast and handed it to my girlfriend to reel in. Smaller grade, 25ish lbs but she was stoked. Fish sunk out so we headed south. Drove around between the 425 to 371 and did not even see a single kelp patty so back to the islands again.

Tried at Pukey this time and was able to get a 10lb yellowtail on the slow troll sardine, lost another to a seal.

1 bluefin, 1 yellowtail, 0 complaints 👍🏼

7C252487-F99D-4692-85B9-205D28CCC04C.jpeg

2A171521-AC4F-4599-A807-0E572489C117.jpeg

Upvote 0

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
san diego
Name
jason
Boat
Fish Taco
It looks like you prefer the Hamachi over the bluefin sushi. The yellowtail looks like he's considering all the bad things he's done to be in this predicament.

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Way to go bro!! Start the day having some fun pulling on checkers and snot sticks, switch it up and put a bluefin on ice.. then top it off with a nice grade YT... You gotta love that fishery.

The dish looks delish... and beautiful too. That YT lookin at it from the cutting board adds a nice touch. Definitely gonna try to recreate it.

ChristianOlande
    ChristianOlande
    Thanks! I just mix chili oil and seasame oil with ponzu sauce. Pour all over and garnish with serranos and sriracha. Very easy and tasty 👍🏼
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0