KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat Name
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
Fished hard today. Jumpers et cetera. Just couldn't figure it out for the better part of the day. Set up around 38 / 18...worked N a bit. Didn't do much but I think some of the six pack guys were doing ok or picking fish off. Ran South 33/ 18 to 20. Picked 6 or 7. Then ran back N kind of where we left off before running S. They were on the chew. Everything was working. Troll, bait and flatfalls. Finished up with a 10 fish stop @ 42 / 15. We probably have 30 for the day...not sure. Wx had a bit of a swell but it was full cruise in and out.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Good info. Caught 10 of what? Dorado?
    NO PICS??? The gang needs fish pics here!

BEEF.jpg

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat Name
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Good info. Caught 10 of what? Dorado?
    NO PICS??? The gang needs fish pics here!

View attachment 1426370
    Albacore of course, probably lost 3 or 4 on that stop. Honestly…I don’t waste too much time taking pics so no pics. No one want to get eye burn looking at a picture of my face.

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Albacore of course, probably lost 3 or 4 on that stop. Honestly…I don’t waste too much time taking pics so no pics. No one want to get eye burn looking at a picture of my face.
    GREAT....I'm lucky to have lived thru all the many albacore years in Socal...miss them now. LOL

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Fished hard today. Jumpers et cetera. Just couldn't figure it out for the better part of the day. Set up around 38 / 18...worked N a bit. Didn't do much but I think some of the six pack guys were doing ok or picking fish off. Ran South 33/ 18 to 20. Picked 6 or 7. Then ran back N kind of where we left off before running S. They were on the chew. Everything was working. Troll, bait and flatfalls. Finished up with a 10 fish stop @ 42 / 15. We probably have 30 for the day...not sure. Wx had a bit of a swell but it was full cruise in and out.
    This is an object lesson in “don’t let a fish or two an hour tie you to one spot and suck up the majority of your day”, if i circle back and pick up one fish then circle back and pick up one more and no bait hookups I move on, find a hot school, if there are other hookups in the same area with the same results I pick up and run 15 miles, search again.

Reactions: Fireball and KimH
    Upvote 0

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat Name
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    Thanks for the report.
    This is an object lesson in “don’t let a fish or two an hour tie you to one spot and suck up the majority of your day”, if i circle back and pick up one fish then circle back and pick up one more and no bait hookups I move on, find a hot school, if there are other hookups in the same area with the same results I pick up and run 15 miles, search again.
    That is a tough one, I tend to stay put if I have been catching and it shuts off unless I hear reasons to move, that’s why I call my boat the Grinder. All three of my trips have had long dead afternoons that went hot after 3:00. it may have been better somewhere else earlier but also could be worse.

Upvote 0