Quick report 5/9

Jan 7, 2020
San Diego
Name
DTS
Boat
Boatless
Quick report launched shelter island at 6:00 on my buddy’s boat Cop Out. Weighted close to two hours in the bait line. We boated about 15 mackerel during our weight. Ran down to the lower hidden bank stopping on 4 of five paddy’s on the way down. One in which was loaded with 8-10 pound yellows we managed 8 of that kelp. We saw one breezer of bluefin but it sunk out once approached the water down there looked really good but the meter was blank. We decided to run north back up to the upper hidden. We didn’t have the helium tank or any frozen flyers so we skipped the flyer around for a couple of hours with one blow up that didn’t stick. Around 5:00 pm we stoped on some good marks we proceeded to slow troll baits we managed 2 yellowfin tuna and one bluefin nothing big biggest was about 30. Fun day on the water flat calm conditions we did hook a mako on a Mack after one back flip it broke off fishing 40. Hope this helps
29E79043-1E1A-4FC4-9D2F-589952084E2C.jpeg
9D1D8315-BD20-491A-809C-2D96C73A5FB0.jpeg
B3DADCDC-082D-427A-B272-9B8C9350F69E.jpeg

efx

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 21, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Rich
Boat
28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
Awesome report. Good intel. That was a very long wait for bait. Looks like it paid off. It looks like all the action is in SD or mex. there is not much going on up north.

Last edited:

Deckman

May 29, 2013
Bonita ca. USA
Name
Todd Deckman
Boat
21' CC Parker
Wow yf already.... Shits about to get reel!!! Yes I went there... Why was the bait barge so bad covid shit or just alot of boats???

Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
Wow yf already.... Shits about to get reel!!! Yes I went there... Why was the bait barge so bad covid shit or just alot of boats???
We got to the line at 6:20 and were about the 30th boat in line, we said F this.

Anyone who waited why was it taking so long?? Ive never seen it like that before ever at SD.

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
Wow! Great report! We know the life is out there! Thanks! FYI I sent you a DM with question, thanks in advance.
Glenn

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
SICK AZZ......

Hey Darryl, did any of the tuna eat the Macs?

Thanks

Jan 7, 2020
San Diego
Name
DTS
Boat
Boatless
Got Air???

That last pic is F'n awesome DTS!
Not sure if everybody saw that?
How much air did that mako get?
We didn’t take many pictures but that last one was awesome if you look there is a bait flying we were chumming the last of our baits. The mako was probably around 100 lbs it jumped about 4 feet out of the water while doing a back flip. Broke my buddy off instantly good shit though.

Reactions: rick rouland

setnhooks

What the !!!!
Sep 20, 2005
On The Water
Name
Sethnooks
Boat
none
We didn’t take many pictures but that last one was awesome if you look there is a bait flying we were chumming the last of our baits. The mako was probably around 100 lbs it jumped about 4 feet out of the water while doing a back flip. Broke my buddy off instantly good shit though.
My bad, mistakenly thought it was the mako getting airborne out there in the distance! Ha! Just a sardine being forced to fly!!!