Duramax

Captain
Dec 29, 2006
Torrance, Ca.
Name
Rene`
Boat
Cabo 216, "Goju Shiho Sho"
Left MDR about 02:30 am heading for the island and the V&#8217;s, nice ride over. Got the island around <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
03:30</st1:time> and start looking for the squid or bait boat, found the squid boat outside Avalon harbor.
We got in line since there was one boat in front of us, as we are waiting the local guy's just pulled up and squeezed them self's in front of us. It was like the squid was for free and patience. So finally we pull up to the boat and the captain says only half scoops because I'm running out. I say "what&#8221;, just give me some!Half a scoop of half dead $40.00. I said thanks you very much and hand him the money, he looks at that the $40.00 I gave him and looks at me like he expects a tip.But I though that he already got his tip and left for the V's.Got there as it was still dark, only a few boat anchored up.So we dropped the anker and started to rig up.As soon as my line hit the water it got bit, No not the right kindjust a ton of large Mac&#8217;s.We kept trying for the right kind but no luck, just more masc., allot of calico's but most of them short by 1/2" or so...........Some croakers and a few that look like a perch but are kind of gold in color with a black strip on them. Watched a couple of local kids that pulled their skiff in front of us score an YT, the kid the it was about 27lbs...Left the vs. about 9:00 the went up to the west end for nothing but a bunch of blue perch.No pic.s this time, didn't feel like pulling out the camera and all of you know what Mac&#8217;s and perch look like.End of Report.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<o:p></o:p>

browneye

Clueless Noob
Jun 8, 2006
OC
Name
Chris
Boat
Arima SeaChaser 17
We were over there Saturday as well, with about the same luck. Got there about 7:30, fished 'till about one, all along the shore. Saw a few boats anchored up off Catalina Harboar, is that the "V's" everyone is talking about? By then the westerlies were starting up so we headed around the west end and back to LB. By the time we got in it was starting to get a little sloppy.

Good squid at Nacho's though, healthy squirters for $30.

Saw some bait, lots'a stuff on the meter, but no game fish. Very few boats out there, wonder where they all were. Didn't see anyone getting anything.

Sure would like to know where to find some YT!!

I just tell people we're lousy fishermen - ROOKIES!!!:nopity:

Duramax

Captain
Dec 29, 2006
Torrance, Ca.
Name
Rene`
Boat
No , the V's are on the back side allmost straight a cross from avalon.
I think I saw you guy's out there when we headed up the front side on our way to the west end.

john7429

Sgt
Aug 2, 2005
Anaheim, CA
Name
John
Boat
24' Skipjack/Cobra Tandem Kayak
Dude, I usually don't bag/comment on spelling on the boards but...
from a home inspector, I'd expect better.

Good report otherwise. Thanks.

helmetnutsack

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 21, 2007
compton
Name
sack
Boat
11ft. homemade fiberglass dingy, Dixon Cider
Listen here donkey... First of all, those squid guys bust their asses working a crowder all night so morons like you can have bait. If you have a problem with waiting in line and paying 40 bucks a scoop, then motor your sorry ass out there at 2 in the afternoon the day before, meter your own bait, sit on that shit till 2a.m., and try and scratch up what you can on your own. Then you'll see just how easy it is. From the sound of your post, it seems that you should have just saved yourself the 40 bucks cause you obviously didn't know what to do with the bait you had. Also, you might want to google the word "sargo".

You sir, are nothing but a pure and unadulterated..................................
hg-helmet-v-5502.jpg

Duramax

Captain
Dec 29, 2006
Torrance, Ca.
Name
Rene`
Boat
Listen here donkey... First of all, those squid guys bust their asses working a crowder all night so morons like you can have bait. If you have a problem with waiting in line and paying 40 bucks a scoop, then motor your sorry ass out there at 2 in the afternoon the day before, meter your own bait, sit on that shit till 2a.m., and try and scratch up what you can on your own. Then you'll see just how easy it is. From the sound of your post, it seems that you should have just saved yourself the 40 bucks cause you obviously didn't know what to do with the bait you had. Also, you might want to google the word "sargo".

You sir, are nothing but a pure and unadulterated..................................
View attachment 72423
Ok you internet Bully, read the post completely before you shall pass on judgement on to others.:picknose:

Duramax

Captain
Dec 29, 2006
Torrance, Ca.
Name
Rene`
Boat
I just tell people we're lousy fishermen - ROOKIES!!!:nopity:[/quote]
I'm with you on this one, so much to learn and so little time.