bays90

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
Just a quick report from the last 2 trips 10/7-9 and 10/20-22.

Fishing has been Killer at the Papa bank about 101 miles north of Cabo,

first trip with my son (who is 5) we released 78 stripe marlin, 10 sails, 1 big wahoo 65#, and over 2 dozen dorados 2 full days

Next trip 1.5 days released 88 stripeys and 1 blue along with another 2 dozen dorados in a day and half.

Its a tough place to get to, long runs from either Cabo or Mag, we stayed the night on the bank both times thank god for great weather.

Fishing is slow in Cabo except for Dorados and it is wide open it has been several years since i have seen dorado action like this.

bays90

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
Great trips! Trolling ballyhoo's, livebait?? What size dorados in Cabo? You throw out a sea anchor and just drift overnight?

thanks
We threw the sea anchor, weather was great for it, dorados are around 10-40 lbs lots of the smaller versions bigger fish neat Cabo. tolling ballyhoos have always been out ticket, we did catch live bait but we only fished 2 rods the whole time so we were hooked up only had 2 anglers occasionally we would throw bait and hook up almost everytime. I can tellyou james a gyro would sure be nice.

Reactions: blowncar