Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
This is one of those times when it's good to have all the knowledge that fellow BD'rs can offer.

Every summer since my son was 8, we have taken a 3-4 day offshore, usually out of SeaForth or H&M. It's been the best as far as memories.

This June, he graduates High School and I was thinking about surprising him with Baja trip. I have zero knowledge on fishing down there. LaPaz and Loreto come to mind from fishing shows, but I'd like to hear from some folks on what's good, what to avoid. The time window is from mid June to around the 1st week of August.

My questions would be things like what companies are trustworthy, where to stay, do you bring your own stuff or rent theirs (We have set ups from 12-25# to 30-50-standard YT, BFT, YFT gear)?....

Sorry to sound like a noob on this stuff, but, yeah, I'm a noob on this stuff. Now, if you ever need to be dialed in on flyfishing for wild trout in the Sierras, then I'm your man. But for this, I look forward to some skinny.

Thanks,
Curtis

Upvote 0

balik

Almost A Member
May 29, 2007
Long Beach
Name
Bob
Boat Name
Soon...
Tailhunter x3. In fact, I'll be fishing with them starting this weekend, for 3 days :). Plus, your time window will put you in prime time there. Nice also to have a pool to relax in at day's end, and La Paz offers excellent restaurants and nightlife. Just remember to bring lots of sunscreen and drink lots of H20 - you'll be fishing in 90-100+ degree weather!

Upvote 0

bubblybob

Mar 1, 2013
Santa Rosa,CA USA
Name
Bob Iantosca
Boat Name
Queen Mary
Another solid reccomendation for Tailhunter. I've fished 4 times with them and always have been extremely happy. You have the option of staying in a hotel in town or at one that's a few miles north and on the beach. They will pick you up at the airport, arrange all the hotels, boats and shuttles. They are also set up to vacuum pack your fish and have it frozen for you.

Upvote 0

H.N.C.F

Aug 26, 2005
San Diego
Name
Neil
Boat Name
Tiara 3100 Open
Not to go against the grain here but there are some very nice packages for the east cape. Not only are there great hotels in a beautiful (and a bit more remote) location with great fishing...you also fly into SJDC which may have more flight options.

Upvote 0