Questions about the Cortez (Captain Jim Hughes)

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by Luke, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Luke

Luke Uses alot of bait!

Name:
    Luke
    Boat:
    none
    (I posted this on another BDs Forum but that doesn't seem to get much attention so I am reposting here.)

I will be fishing with Jim Hughes on the Cortez in a few weeks. It has been many years since I fished the boat and was hopeful some BDers could answer some questions.

1. How is the rod storage? If there are 18 anglers is enough for all to bring 6 or 7 outfits?

2. Same question about tackle storage, is there adequate storage for all tackle boxes or does it get tight with 18 anglers?

3. Bunks, in our group we have some bigger models (tall and just plan big), are all bunk big or are there just a few for bigger anglers?

I fished Jim years ago and I know how good he is............I just can not remember much about the boat.

Thanx

Luke

2. chumdumpster69

chumdumpster69 Pinhead

Name:
    Christian Humphries
    Boat:
    Dolphin/Cortez
    Hey, I work on the Cortez and I would be more than happy to answer these questions for you, and anymore you may have. Honestly, 18 anglers is a lighter load for us, and you wont have any problems with tackle storage, and we have plenty of rod holders for everyone to bring a full quiver (trust me, I screwed them all in:D). However, our bunks are a little weird. None of them are small by any means, but some of them are a lot bigger than the others. Maybe to accommodate for some of our larger passengers? You would have to ask Jimmy about that one:)! But if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me here, or just PM me.

3. Luke

Luke Uses alot of bait!

Name:
    Luke
    Boat:
    none
    Sent a pm.....

4. Fish Asassin

Fish Asassin one cast = one kill

Name:
    Fred Garvin
    Boat:
    U.S.S. Mobile (LKA 115)
    great boat and awesome captain. Not the biggest boat but very fishy. with 18 you will have plenty of room. Bring your best shit in case you get into some of that jumbo blue fin. Did I say Jim is a fish killer?

5. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Don't set a coffee mug on the rail!