gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
NO Rosarito is not a port, you want to put down Ens. Ensenada.

: [email protected]b.mx
If you go to this website it has step by step instructions with links and explanations

Next time if you are going alone because you don't know anyone else who will go, send me a p.m. I hate seeing someone go alone especially if they aren't used to it. I think it is always more fun going with someone, and the main thing is driving the boat is your first priority and you can't do that and spend as much time looking for fish as your passenger can... that is assuming he or she knows what to look for and is into it and working hard. Most of the time if they aren't experienced and into it after about ten minutes they are day dreaming or enjoying the boat ride.

Grant Kimball

Don’t read this.
Jun 9, 2019
Vista
Name
Grant
Boat
China Cat Sunflower
Definitely difficult to drive and fish.. specially next to the rocks. Luckily there some pretty nice drifts on the north island. Caught a pretty good size 16” calico and a 3’ barracuda. Not bad for the first time :)

Joe orosco

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 23, 2017
Name
Joe orosco
Boat
Triton 195cc
So I'll I need to fish the 302 is just mexican fishing license for everyone on board? No passport? Just double checking. Don't want to come home boatless. Thanks

Screenshot_20200719-185042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Grant Kimball

Don’t read this.
Jun 9, 2019
Vista
Name
Grant
Boat
China Cat Sunflower
If you’re going to Mexico, you need a passport. If you own the boat, you should get a TIP. It’s like $30. And the approval email will suffice. You’ll need an import visa (FMM) and probably a biosphere card off you’re within 12 miles of a Mexican landmass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe orosco

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
what you put up there are only pics. and not a full or recent requirements by the Mexicans. I doubt if they would bother asking for a passport because only the fishing license puts money in their pocket. However your own country, the United States, requires that you have a passport to leave or re-enter the U.S. and it DOES NOT SAY EXCEPT when you are on the water. From my personal experience the Mexicans have been totally cool but home land security guys have been on total power trips and were assholes. I was with a friend and he was having problems with his boat and we only went about 100 ft. outside the jetty and homeland security was waiting for us at the dock and was giving us shit because we had left the country, I said what are you talking about we were barely outside the jetty, and his response was..."as far as we are concerned if you go into the ocean then you have left the country". This is why I don't think much of them.
I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but you can get a passport card for about $60 and they are good for ten years. to me $60 would be worth it for the peace of mind, actually it was worth $150 for ten years to me for the peace of mind. It's harder and more money to get a drivers license.
I've never been checked (by the Mexicans) anywhere except the Islands. good luck

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Yes everyone is required to have a fishing license. All the other stuff is only require if you are within 12 miles of land.

Joe orosco

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 23, 2017
Name
Joe orosco
Boat
Triton 195cc
The pictures I put up were from the US embassy
Website. It has links to 4 different websites that have info on permits. Just wanted to make sure there weren't any new requirements or anything. Thank you for your advice. I am going to get a passport this week for sure.
Screenshot_20200719-203917_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-203912_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kirk951

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Get a TIP.. it takes about a week and is good for I think 10 years. Required inside 12 miles and depending on the Mexican Captain if it is required outside. Mexican fishing license for all onboard and fill out the declaration for our fish and game on the way in. Take a passport if you have one. On another note... Heard they were citing people for chartering if you split the costs of the trip so decide who paid for everything at the dock.

Grant Kimball

Don’t read this.
Jun 9, 2019
Vista
Name
Grant
Boat
China Cat Sunflower
I believe the TIP is always required but MORE SO if docking at a mexican port. It’s like the DMV registration but for a vessel ... in mexico.

Grant Kimball

Don’t read this.
Jun 9, 2019
Vista
Name
Grant
Boat
China Cat Sunflower
However, I also heard you can or used to be able to, get a tip AFTER docking... it’s $30 m.. good for 10 years... get it. (But you cant get a new one if the boat already had one) you have to transfer the existing one. Furthermore, you can only get ONE per boat per boat lifetime. So one boat can only get one TIP. No renewals. I could be wrong, but from what I’ve gathered, I’m not.

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
A TIP is only required when in Mexico, land or Mexican waters. Outside of 12 miles is Mexican territorial waters and a TIP is not required.
The TIP is good for ten years, who ever applied for the TIP originally is the only one who can cancel it. You will need some kind of written declaration from that person to apply for new one, can't be done online like the other applications.

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
TIP is Temporary Import Permit, it has nothing to do with the DMV and it is required for all boats, cars, trailers, etc. it is an import fee from Mexico

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
The Mexican Federal government also requires everything to be insured through a Mexican insurance company. just an FYI

Joe orosco

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 23, 2017
Name
Joe orosco
Boat
Triton 195cc
The Mexican Federal government also requires everything to be insured through a Mexican insurance company. just an FYI
Thank you for all the advice. Hopefully I can get out to the 302 this weekend!

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Thank you for all the advice. Hopefully I can get out to the 302 this weekend!
The weekend is to crowded for me Joe, hopefully I'll be able to give some Intel on how it was on Thurs. or Fri. Being able to go during the week is the only advantage to being retired, being self employed I could do it a lot but when your older and retired you can tell everyone to go fuck themselves your going, there isn't anything they can do to you that mother nature hasn't already done. Good luck and have fun

Joe orosco

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 23, 2017
Name
Joe orosco
Boat
Triton 195cc
The weekend is to crowded for me Joe, hopefully I'll be able to give some Intel on how it was on Thurs. or Fri. Being able to go during the week is the only advantage to being retired, being self employed I could do it a lot but when your older and retired you can tell everyone to go fuck themselves your going, there isn't anything they can do to you that mother nature hasn't already done. Good luck and have fun
Hope to see you out there one day! I owe you some beers or lunch! Thanks again!