Question?

CDR

Jun 2, 2008
Orange County, CA
Name
Cory
Boat
Let me fish on yours
So I'm seeking the experience of some of you fine rod builders out there. I really like Calstar Grafighter rods for live bait offshore stuff. I recently had wrapped a full set from an 800XL to an 800XH and love them. I think they're a little bit thick for inshore rods though. I'm now looking at getting some custom inshore rods made. I have to admit the only inshore type rods I have experience fishing are the Shimano Teremar West Coast series rods. I really liked how light and thin they were. What advice can you guys give me on what type of blanks I should be looking at getting? I'm planning on ordering a 7.5 foot 12 pound, an 8 foot 15 pound, an 8 foot 20 pound and an 8 foot 25 pound. By inshore I mean light, thin saltwater casting rods with cork handles and trigger style reel seats. Thanks in advance for your info.

SALTYDAWG

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 1, 2003
Casa DE Oro
www.saltydawgcustomrods.com
Name
Bill
Boat
sold it
So I'm seeking the experience of some of you fine rod builders out there. I really like Calstar Grafighter rods for live bait offshore stuff. I recently had wrapped a full set from an 800XL to an 800XH and love them. I think they're a little bit thick for inshore rods though. I'm now looking at getting some custom inshore rods made. I have to admit the only inshore type rods I have experience fishing are the Shimano Teremar West Coast series rods. I really liked how light and thin they were. What advice can you guys give me on what type of blanks I should be looking at getting? I'm planning on ordering a 7.5 foot 12 pound, an 8 foot 15 pound, an 8 foot 20 pound and an 8 foot 25 pound. By inshore I mean light, thin saltwater casting rods with cork handles and trigger style reel seats. Thanks in advance for your info.
If you like the light, thin feel check out the new United Composites or Phenix blanks

graya

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 3, 2005
Fontana CA
Name
Guadalupe Raya
Boat
none

Capt Richie

Atlantic Custom Tackle
Aug 10, 2008
nassau NY
Name
Richie
Boat
32 albe
The United Composite US inshore Saltwater & the AR Composite line 7'6" blanks...If you need spec's on the AR line please PM me...

St Croix Musky & saltwater blanks...

JTrelikes

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2006
Lakeside, CA
Name
Jim Trelikes
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
I'll support those comments on the Phenix sticks...........they're awesome. I already have two of my own, and plan on adding more to my own set of personal rods. ;)

dirtytaco.

Dec 17, 2009
San Pedro
Name
Jacob Trutanich
Boat
none yet
your 800xl is perfect for 15 and for a 12lb their is a guy here on bd name vince selling some shikari blanks for 30 each
for 25 and 30 you can use your 800l and 800m
unless u wana go the thin blank route then check out the phenix rods but watch out they are really expensive