Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
If using a processor (ie 5 Star), are the fish brought in whole, or will they accept fish filleted on the boat? I usually pack my own, but we are selling our house and the wife doesn't want stinky fish fillets being sealed in the garage. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat Name
sold! / cattle boat
What length of trip / boat? Longer trips you dont even have the option of having your fish filleted or cut on the boat.
The processors will accept anything! You can have your fish filleted on the boat & have the processors just portion them as you want & vac-pak..
Do your homework as that may not be the most cost effective route...
If thats what you want to do...

Upvote 0

bbuck

Dec 20, 2005
On the Water
Name
Buck
Boat Name
sunk
Fisherman's Process will process and vac. pack Fish that have been filleted on the boat. They do this at the dock for the 1 or 2 day trips. Call them at 619-255-3128

Upvote 0

salty brain

Nothing but salt between the ears
Sep 25, 2012
OC
Name
Dave
Boat Name
what ever floats
I use 5 star all the time very happy with them. just bring them whole fish, Call or talk to the girls at the dock before you leave they'll get you set up.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat Name
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Why pay twice to have your fish processed?.....

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat Name
sold! / cattle boat
4 day on the Intrepid at the end of the month.

Dont think fiilleting or gutting will even be an option on the boat, you will be using a processor or pissing the wife off....
Call the Intrepid office & they will tell you if the will even fillet on a 4day, most likely not.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat Name
Long range fishing
I ride the Intrepid 4-5 times a year. I do much longer trips. They will not fillet your fish. You will need a processor. I myself like 5 star. Remember that how many fish you catch and process your bill will grow.

Upvote 0

rodblder

Feb 19, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat Name
none at this time
I just got off the Intrepid, they don't process fish on board other than to gill and gut bft for you. I also have used 5 Star for many yrs and highly recommend them. You can call them in advance or see them at the dock before you leave if they are there and discuss what you want done.

Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
I want to thank you gents for your wisdom. We usually go on a 2.5-3.5 trip once a year and they process each evening, though I'm guessing it has to do with lack of space in the slammer. I'd have been SOL getting back to the dock trying to figure out what to do with (hopefully) a bunch of whole BFT and a 2 door Jeep.

Upvote 0