Question/live well

Discussion in 'The Bass Fishing Club' started by Noah & Scoot, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Noah & Scoot

Noah & Scoot Wishin I Was Fishin

Name:
    Scoot
    Boat:
    17' Gregor, Q-17
    Keeping bass alive is new for us. The live well on the boat is a bait tank, figured it would be ok! Bass don’t seem happy? They stay alive but lie upside down. Do I need more flow or is this normal? Thanks

2. fishnazzi

fishnazzi Mostly just LURKING anymore...........

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    Livewell is like a bait tank...... so it is water exchange? Or simply aerator(recirculated)...... seem fine but stay on top belly up? What depth of water are these fish coming out of? Really sounds like fish that need to be fizzed.

Noah & Scoot likes this.
  3. Noah & Scoot

Noah & Scoot Wishin I Was Fishin

Name:
    Scoot
    Boat:
    17' Gregor, Q-17
    Thanks for the response! Didn’t even think about that. Know the question, how do you needle a fish? Last month had one spottie in there for hours, caught in 15 of water. He was alive at weight in, but not happy. The other day, calico in 60’ of water. He was hot when I put him in, throwing water everywhere. Soon he was belly up, swam away fine.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Newbie

Name:
    John Graff
    Boat:
    keywest 216 Bayreef
    Same thing, had spotties in my live well all day only came from 15 to 20 ft depth
    but they were floating around very strangely,after weigh in they seemed to swim away ok.Had nothing to do with an air bladder issue.I do not know why they were acting this way, maybe someone will pipe in with an answer.

Noah & Scoot likes this.