super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Alright, one of you techie guys has got to have the answer to this prob I am having.

My router went bad a few months ago, and I ended up having ATT send me a new one. So here is the deal.... I have a wireless printer (Cannon) and have just discovered that when I try and print something from the computer I get a little screen saying "printer not responding." This all worked fine before my old router went bad, and so it appears that for whatever reason my computer is not communicating with the printer?

Any of you techie or non techies have any idea what may be causing this and how to fix it? I've done a couple quick searches but haven't found the answer/solution yet.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

Stanley

Pro Boat Scrubber
Nov 28, 2003
Agua Hedionda
Visit site
Name
Spooker
Boat
24' Skipjack FB, 19.5' Glastron SE and a ScupperPro TW
Un-install the printer and re-install.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
This a TOTALLY un-educated guess based on what my printer does. The printer won't respond so I unplug the power then plug it back in. The computer identifies new hardware and it works, but my wireless network password has never been changed.

Did your wireless router network access password get changed along with the new router? That would cause a non-connection. You've probably done this already, unplug the power the the printer, plug it back in and see what happens. I believe if the network password got changed, after you re-power the printer it may prompt you to create a new network password for the printer. Create new password in printer to match new wireless router password and good to go.

If that doesn't work, I stand by my disclaimer in the first sentence of this reply :)

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Enter WEP-key by Operation Panel, press OK

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
This a TOTALLY un-educated guess based on what my printer does. The printer won't respond so I unplug the power then plug it back in. The computer identifies new hardware and it works, but my wireless network password has never been changed.

Did your wireless router network access password get changed along with the new router? That would cause a non-connection. You've probably done this already, unplug the power the the printer, plug it back in and see what happens. I believe if the network password got changed, after you re-power the printer it may prompt you to create a new network password for the printer. Create new password in printer to match new wireless router password and good to go.

If that doesn't work, I stand by my disclaimer in the first sentence of this reply :)

well, I was really hoping that would work, but it sounded too easy, and guess what.........

It was! It didn't work! :( Thanks for trying to help though.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Enter WEP-key by Operation Panel, press OK

C'mon man..... you're killin me here dude! LOL

So I've scoured my keypad looking for something that says or looks like WEP-key, and nothing found.

So now I'm thinking you meant for me to type in WEP-key.....yeah, no? And where the F%$# is the Operation Panel?

Damn computers!!!!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Unplug power to the printer.

Click the windows icon in the lower left of the monitor.

Click Control panel.

Click Programs.

Click the program you want to uninstall (your printer driver in your case).

Click uninstall....driver program is gone.

Close everything. You should be back to your desktop

Plug in power to printer. Your computer will find your new hardware (printer)

Got through the printer setup process.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Mike, I think Kurt thinks you are working off a wifi. Are you? is this a wireless router? Does it see it in Device manager? I have a remove hardware feature, I would go with removing it and reinstall it since I don't know how you have it configured. Let your computer find it as " found new hardware" and it should walk you through it. You can try going into add new hardware and it will ask you if you have installed the new hardware yet, let it look for it and if it doesn't find it, it will give you a list of items that have been installed but may be missing a driver etc. and see if your printer is in that list. Again this is where I would start, but I don't know what operating system you have and that makes a big difference. hey... what the fuck do I know? I am a carpenter... it isn't made of wood is it? :rofl: maybe I'll call bullshit without a pic. :rofl: good luck.

I am assuming it is a wireless router??

check device manager, see if it is listed... if it says there is a problem or working correctly. it should give you a trouble shooting option there too.

if it doesn't show it in the device manager, go to add new hardware

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Go with grumpy's advice, should be the easiest fix

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Unplug power to the printer.

Click the windows icon in the lower left of the monitor.

Click Control panel.

Click Programs.

Click the program you want to uninstall (your printer driver in your case).

Click uninstall....driver program is gone.

Close everything. You should be back to your desktop

Plug in power to printer. Your computer will find your new hardware (printer)

Got through the printer setup process.

well, I did all of the above and uninstalled the driver program. Then I closed everything and went back to my desktop.... plugged back in the power to the printer and waited and waited and waited........ nothing happened. So now I'm at a uninstalled printer and not sure how to reinstall.

I'm gonna need a new window here in a minute, when I end up tossing this thing through it! :mad:

Upvote 0

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
Sometimes the router WiFi has to be turned on in the settings if it is new.

In your browser, the router IP address should be something like http://192.168.1.1.

Look for something that sounds like "Wireless Configuration"

"Broadcast Network Name" Assign the name for your network and WEP security key

Apply settings

Have your printer try to find your network again.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Entertainment at it's finest........:rofl:....Thanks Mike....

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Entertainment at it's finest........:rofl:....Thanks Mike....

Trust me, I knew there would be more than a few getting a good laugh out of this! :D

I'm sure when I finally get this all squared away, I'll be laughing too..... but right now this thing is really pissing me off!

Big thanks to Kris (Cast Gold), for taking some time and trying to help with this by phone.

Looks like a call to tech support tomorrow for me! In the meantime, anybody have a good lead on window replacements LOL

Upvote 0

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 12, 2010
Lb inshore
Name
Simmo
Boat
19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
My girl is a techie.

She says grab the printer driver cd, reinstall that into the computer your using to print. It will say Uninstall, re install, or repair, choose repair first go thru the repair process.

Do a test print did that work!? If not then do un install to reinstall and go through that whole process. She said the original 192.168.1 etc matched with printer and computer. Now they are different. Rematch those numbers. Something like that will happen hopefully.

Ryan:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
:rofl:

unplug.jpg

Upvote 0

radz

El Kapitan
Sep 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Ruben
Boat
MooMoo
Im sure the driver on your printer is still in your PC. Just configure the printer wi-fi setting to your router. You need to enter your network username and password from the printer itself for your router to recognize your printer. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Buy a bigger dog, step on the brake, fix the flashing around the chimney... call me if that doesn't work... :rofl:

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Buy a bigger dog, step on the brake, fix the flashing around the chimney... call me if that doesn't work... :rofl:

Gil will remove your palms

Upvote 0