butcherboy

Retired Bum
Jul 4, 2007
escondido ca.
Name
tom cunningham
Boat
Compton 33 / Gig Harbor Whitehall rowboat
Hi All. In shopping for a replacement reel bag I'm not seeing anywhere near the selection that was once available from numerous venders.....stuff happens and it looks to be an opening in that Market. I would think Accurate could combine some it's customers favorite features of earlier products and produce a nice one....What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Hi All. In shopping for a replacement reel bag I'm not seeing anywhere near the selection that was once available from numerous venders.....stuff happens and it looks to be an opening in that Market. I would think Accurate could combine some it's customers favorite features of earlier products and produce a nice one....What do you guys think?

Yes please! Got a new reel for Christmas and officially out grew my old reel bag.

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
    Advertiser
  • Sep 18, 2012
    USA
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    Whatever I can get on
    I think alot of people are looking at the hard cases these days. SKB has some options.

Upvote 0

butcherboy

Retired Bum
    Jul 4, 2007
    escondido ca.
    Name
    tom cunningham
    Boat
    Compton 33 / Gig Harbor Whitehall rowboat
    Thanks. Those are truly bullet proof. I am a fan of the nicer soft cases. I suppose all those Accurate logo stickers could find a home on a hard case....

Last edited:
    Reactions: mcrae and abj5150
    Upvote 0

drpower

Feb 19, 2013
    Canada
    Name
    Derek
    Boat
    Promises
    I asked Accurate to create shapes with My Case Builder. Shapes positioned side down or upright. If they won't do that it can be done by taking a picture and then build the shape from there. In my experience as an air traveler with reels hardcase / pick and pluck foam has served me well.

134856162_10158469142066777_9222071189861245592_o.jpg

Upvote 0

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    I think alot of people are looking at the hard cases these days. SKB has some options.
    Anyone have this one? Comments? Reviews? Pro/con vs soft bag?

Not sure how many it reels it will hold but it should be able to fit at least a couple of 20/30 VISX.

iSeries 2011-7 Deluxe Reel Backpack Case​

Interior Dimensions: 18.50" L x 10.00" W x 6.00" D

1620919478244.png

Upvote 0

stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 16, 2005
    Bangkok
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    None
    I use a Pelican 1510 hard roller carry-on. The only down-side is that they are heavy, and airlines occasionally they weigh carry-ons. I love when it's full of reels and the flight attendant wants to help me with it...

I've had it over twelve years and love it. With the pull-out handle I can strap my tackle-box to it and roll them both up and down the down the ramp. It is sized such that it qualifies for international carry-on, which it does at least once a year. I can check it without worrying about damage as well. I did wear out a wheel set, and when I asked Pelican if they sold replacement wheels, they just sent me a whole new wheel-kit. Great service.

I paid $129.89 in 2009 so it's gone up a bit....

1510.JPG

Upvote 0