Bigfishhateme

Semper Fi
Feb 7, 2013
Land , Air , and Sea
Name
Sigmund
Boat
"The Sea Monster"
Is there hope after quadruple bypass?? What is life expectancy after ?? . Been looking on Internet but vague. Can person be normal after or need constant care???? Any info is really appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0

Tuna Vic

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
I have a very close friend who had one about 4yrs ago,he was 66yrs old,never smoked or drank and by all appearances was very healthy.
Anyway whatever the cause he needed the surgery your asking about,as I recall the recovery was slow,but once he recovered totally he remained very active.
He owns a home in Whittier and another in Murphy No Calif,he drives there quite often to stay and check and do maintenance on that home. About a 6hr drive.
He's still quite active and seems to do whatever he likes,unfortunately fishing is not something he enjoys,but if he did he could do it with no problem,keep positive you'll be fine!

Reactions: Bigfishhateme
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
Hey Vic,

my 47 year old daughter had a four way about three weeks ago and is doing incredible. effing obamacare didn't send a nurse to her house DAILY but did ONCE. fortunately, my oldest daughter is an RN and stayed with her for a week in this HEATWAVE, no a/c.

my daughter is doing great on the outside but needs to be very careful as she is still healing on the INSIDE. time will tell but so far, she is doing fine.

they seem to have the bypass under full control so if you have a good surgeon, all should be well. just take it easy until the doctor tells you whatever your schedule should be. don't jump the gun in doing things.

BIEN SUERTE,

da rat

Upvote 0

jtw0524

Apr 20, 2008
Temecula, Ca
Name
Jimmy Williams
Boat
none
My grandfather had a quad bypass about 20 years ago he is 94 and lives on his own and still drives. Medicine has gotten so much better. Make sure your dad stays active and motivated to get better. Look at it this way, where would he be without it. Good thoughts and a prayer coming your way

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
Is there hope after quadruple bypass?? What is life expectancy after ?? . Been looking on Internet but vague. Can person be normal after or need constant care???? Any info is really appreciated. Thanks
My old machinist/friend had that procedure performed, and lived to 85 enjoying a very active life.

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Have to echo what's already been said here. Although I don't know anyone personally that have undergone the procedure, in my career as a first responder I've contacted many who have had the surgery. There's no way to minimize the gravity of by-pass, but the very reasons why a person/your father needs the surgery are very limiting in options. Medical science is so advanced, and amazingly "commom" occurrences. Be positive, up beat, add prayers, and you and you father have reason to look forward to a very good recovery. My prayer added as well. Jon

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Life expectancy is as long as he wants to live!.........I have a friend that went through this and came out strong as an ox...he was 67 years old at the time.....I have had 2 bypass surgeries and have no problems.....recovery time was a couple weeks......my last bypass they put a jumper from my right leg artery to my left leg artery........lol....any questions feel free to PM me....

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Here's hoping all goes well, Anthony!

Upvote 0

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
    Dec 14, 2006
    shelter cove
    Name
    dave
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
    Dad is still alive and licking at 96. Had Quad twenty years ago with stent or two since. Brother had it was doing great til brain cancer got him. I have multiple stents and lead a normal life. You will feel better than you have in years if the blockages are bad enough. Don't worry you will still be able to get it up and use it!! Life after is the same as before but you can't do the bad stuff anymore.

Get well soon!

Upvote 0

hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 21, 2008
    Aurora Colorado
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    None
    My dad had a quadruple bypass back in 85. Back then they said it would last about 10 years, Dad went for 15!. It's not an easy time for the first few weeks, or months (depending). But dad lived a rich full life for about 13 of the 15 years.

Upvote 0

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 21, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    Sold and Gone!!!
    Praying for our creator to be by your side through all this my BD Brother.....Easy for me to say but "think and be positive".

Upvote 0

Bigfishhateme

Semper Fi
    Feb 7, 2013
    Land , Air , and Sea
    Name
    Sigmund
    Boat
    "The Sea Monster"
    how's our dad doing? Hope all is well.
    Hi Maggie , dad came home from hospital (UCLA Ronald Reagan) Great hospital.. He's in pain but doctors say that's normal. He has a Zipper down his chest now , and so many medications ! He should be fine after recovery . Big Thanks to all BD members for your support and info . Thank you.

Reactions: wils
    Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chula Vista, CA
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    won't b mine
    Thank you for the update! So happy for you, Dad and all the family! Great, big , (soft) hugs all around!

ok, and a few tears of joy!

Upvote 0

Latest posts