RiceEater

Jan 10, 2006
El Cajon
Name
Shed
Boat
n/a
Hi Bullshipper,

How about adding Claudio's in Nuevo Vallarta area? They are reasonable prices and friendly staff.
I second Claudio's....excellent food!
Claudios1.jpg

Claudios.jpg

Claudios2.jpg

El Pescatore at Paradise Village gets a nod also
El Pescatore3.jpg
El Pescatore.jpg
El Pescatore1.jpg
El Pescatore2.jpg

LarryHaynes

Jun 22, 2010
San Antonio, TX, USA
We had some good seafood at Mariscos Tino's that's either on the Malecon or so close you can walk there....They serve small 6oz beers, half the price of 12 oz beers, for some reason. The waiter told me it was to ensure your beer stays cold. I'd just rather use a beer condom and call it done. I had a mixed seafood item with chili cascabel and rice....the bomb! Ask for extra rice, though.

Last edited:

mcgyver88

Macgyver
May 9, 2006
San Diego
Name
Mcgyver
Boat
17ftGlaspar,75HP Suzuki "Sea Hag"
Just got back from PV and my favorite old restaurant above the malecon changed hands, but with $1 beers and some fabulous appetizers and excellent view who cares. Oh and now if you want an amazing steak they got them! The name is:

El bife grill

Great sunset spot and you can see the popotlan indians do there thing right out front.

Attachments

Ready4TheYellow

The Fishing Guru
Mar 15, 2006
Lomita
Name
Steve
Boat
The Fishing SHO
There is a good place outside of town next to La Jolla De Mismaloya right past the river only place there. Its where the locals eat in the rainforest section. Best lobster Ive had. Lobster dinner and drinks for under $30.

Attachments

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Holy crap. 3 rounds of shots at Victor's before dinner. Baileys and kahula after dinner. And victor brought us 3 shots of his brother's shine. All on the house. Shaaazaaaam!!! The food was fantastic, but the service was excellent!

GlacierMan

Dec 28, 2007
Where the fish are...
Name
CoHo-Bo
Boat
Grady or a Pursuit.. whaddeva
Melissa's Seafood- 223 A= Josefa a Dominguez.

their motto and signage say "Best Damn Seafood in Town!" - and in this town you better be. Currently up to #2 on Trip advisor.

The Monster Prawns are all you need to know - but everything on the menu is fabulous. Good prices, great margies...great tequilla out of the keg the owner has made for him in Tequilla town.

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Sayulita

- try "Burito Revolution" for insanely good buritos and their salsa is out of this world. The Carnitas burito was my favorite.

Punta Mita

- Margaritas was pretty good, I liked their carne asada tacos and all you can eat ribs. Solid choice.

- Rosa Mexicana was our favorite restaurant. We brought our tuna here and asked for sashimi, what we got was essentially a Mexican version of Omakase. The chef did a bunch of different spreads with avacado creame sauce, and all kinds of stuff. Every plate was different and wonderful. I would bring your fish here.

- For tacos - try the little taco stand next to the mini market. Don't know what it was called, but I could tell it was good because it was filled with locals and no gringos. Everything their was cheap and exceptional. Craving it right now actually.

fleeteric

Nov 8, 2012
san clemente
Name
eric
Boat
lhondita
Try the El Rio upriver in PV
It's a Bar B Que place with a beach overlooking the river Cuale
Very nice atmosphere, outside seating.
And....EXCELLENT Fred-Flinstone size ribs....melts off the bone!

One2three

Nov 11, 2012
USA
Name
Pat
Boat
None Of Your Business
Best Ceviche in town @ Mariscos 8 Tostadas, Calle Quilla at Calle Proa | Marina Vallarta. Reasonably priced

tlcnate

May 1, 2012
San Diego- East County
Name
Nate
Boat
Bayliner 22' Open Bow
Here is my Trip Advisor review of this excellent and ridiculously low priced restaurant:

Great food at excellent prices on the Marina - Review of El Sazon de Lupita's, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - TripAdvisor

It has excellent home style food, open for breakfast lunch and dinner and recently expanded (Nov 2012) for better seating. All you have to do is dodge all the hawkers on the marina trying to get you to a time share presentation. None are allowed at Lupita's and that alone speaks volumes of how they treat their customers!

I was hoping we could help put together a list of the Resturants in PV that are currently a good deal. I see the stuff for Mita, but a PV list would be helpfull.

I would recommend

Fajita Banana - Nuevo Vallarta

Raccon Taco Place close to Candy's

Pipi's - downtown PV

The Happy Lobster- downtown PV South

PV Marina???

Anyplace else that is good now?

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
Archies wok, no contest

Magilla

Dec 27, 2013
Gilbert, Arizona US
Name
Thomas Behrens
Boat
Currently do not own a boat
El Barracuda - best place in PV for ceviche (on the beach north of Malecon). Great service, food, prices

Cabo queen

Nov 24, 2012
san diego
Name
jimmini cricket
Boat
Queen Qu
Captain Don's is a great place to hang out with some locals from Canada. We took our catch there and they did some great things with the fish.

mrhoneydo

Dec 4, 2011
Tahoe City, Ca
Name
michael willson
Boat
Sea Ray 18" & Grady White 28 Marlin
In Bucerias....
Adaltos for Mex.
Mezzogiorno for the best Itailian anywhere. Reservations sure help because its busy. $$$$ but its worth it!

Normslanding

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 13, 2010
Palmetto, Fl., USA
Name
Dave Spangler
Boat
Blue Heaven
Sounds like you have it wired! Other than a few road side mom and pop places that I will not divulge. But here is a hint, the best Mach-aka Cedillas are south of town about 40 km's. We will be at out second home "Paradise Village" Saturday. A couple of "Sandía Paraíso's" and all is good.