Lou W

registered offender
Apr 7, 2004
Poway, CA
Name
Lou
Boat Name
Rabbit Hole
"The View Grill" in older south Vallarta. Funky taxi ride to get there. Super views of town and the ocean. Great food, service......not cheap. Good place to take the wife or significant other.

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2005
Fairfield, CA
Name
Gary
Boat Name
38 Mediterranean Sportfisher
I think the one in Nuevo Vallarta is Fajita Republic. For breakfast the puesto in front of the Fajita Republic is excellent. Ask Grace to make you some heuvos rancheros. Its an off-menu item that's excellent. She is only open from about 0700 until 1500.

Upvote 0

RiceEater

Jan 10, 2006
El Cajon
Name
Shed
Boat Name
n/a
Hi Bullshipper,

How about adding Claudio's in Nuevo Vallarta area? They are reasonable prices and friendly staff.

I second Claudio's....excellent food!
Claudios1.jpg

Claudios.jpg

Claudios2.jpg

El Pescatore at Paradise Village gets a nod also
El Pescatore3.jpg
El Pescatore.jpg
El Pescatore1.jpg
El Pescatore2.jpg

Upvote 0

LarryHaynes

Love to fish!
  • Jun 22, 2010
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Name
    Larry Haynes
    Boat Name
    None
    We had some good seafood at Mariscos Tino's that's either on the Malecon or so close you can walk there....They serve small 6oz beers, half the price of 12 oz beers, for some reason. The waiter told me it was to ensure your beer stays cold. I'd just rather use a beer condom and call it done. I had a mixed seafood item with chili cascabel and rice....the bomb! Ask for extra rice, though.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

mcgyver88

Macgyver
    May 9, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Mcgyver
    Boat Name
    17ftGlaspar,75HP Suzuki "Sea Hag"
    Just got back from PV and my favorite old restaurant above the malecon changed hands, but with $1 beers and some fabulous appetizers and excellent view who cares. Oh and now if you want an amazing steak they got them! The name is:

El bife grill

Great sunset spot and you can see the popotlan indians do there thing right out front.

Attachments

• Popotlan flyers.JPG
      Popotlan flyers.JPG
      26 KB · Views: 253
    Upvote 0

Ready4TheYellow

The Fishing Guru
    Mar 15, 2006
    Lomita
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    The Fishing SHO
    There is a good place outside of town next to La Jolla De Mismaloya right past the river only place there. Its where the locals eat in the rainforest section. Best lobster Ive had. Lobster dinner and drinks for under $30.

Attachments

• 876.JPG
      876.JPG
      197.7 KB · Views: 316
    • 875.JPG
      875.JPG
      204.2 KB · Views: 335
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Florida
    Name
    Good
    Boat Name
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Holy crap. 3 rounds of shots at Victor's before dinner. Baileys and kahula after dinner. And victor brought us 3 shots of his brother's shine. All on the house. Shaaazaaaam!!! The food was fantastic, but the service was excellent!

Upvote 0

GlacierMan

Almost A Member
    Dec 28, 2007
    Where the fish are...
    Name
    CoHo-Bo
    Boat Name
    Grady or a Pursuit.. whaddeva
    Melissa's Seafood- 223 A= Josefa a Dominguez.

their motto and signage say "Best Damn Seafood in Town!" - and in this town you better be. Currently up to #2 on Trip advisor.

The Monster Prawns are all you need to know - but everything on the menu is fabulous. Good prices, great margies...great tequilla out of the keg the owner has made for him in Tequilla town.

Upvote 0

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
    Aug 19, 2007
    Santa Monica
    Name
    Jonathan
    Boat Name
    31' Cabo Express
    Sayulita

- try "Burito Revolution" for insanely good buritos and their salsa is out of this world. The Carnitas burito was my favorite.

Punta Mita

- Margaritas was pretty good, I liked their carne asada tacos and all you can eat ribs. Solid choice.

- Rosa Mexicana was our favorite restaurant. We brought our tuna here and asked for sashimi, what we got was essentially a Mexican version of Omakase. The chef did a bunch of different spreads with avacado creame sauce, and all kinds of stuff. Every plate was different and wonderful. I would bring your fish here.

- For tacos - try the little taco stand next to the mini market. Don't know what it was called, but I could tell it was good because it was filled with locals and no gringos. Everything their was cheap and exceptional. Craving it right now actually.

Upvote 0

fleeteric

Nov 8, 2012
    san clemente
    Name
    eric
    Boat Name
    lhondita
    Try the El Rio upriver in PV
    It's a Bar B Que place with a beach overlooking the river Cuale
    Very nice atmosphere, outside seating.
    And....EXCELLENT Fred-Flinstone size ribs....melts off the bone!

Upvote 0

tlcnate

Almost A Member
    May 1, 2012
    San Diego- East County
    Name
    Nate
    Boat Name
    Bayliner 22' Open Bow
    Here is my Trip Advisor review of this excellent and ridiculously low priced restaurant:

Great food at excellent prices on the Marina - Review of El Sazon de Lupita's, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - TripAdvisor

It has excellent home style food, open for breakfast lunch and dinner and recently expanded (Nov 2012) for better seating. All you have to do is dodge all the hawkers on the marina trying to get you to a time share presentation. None are allowed at Lupita's and that alone speaks volumes of how they treat their customers!

I was hoping we could help put together a list of the Resturants in PV that are currently a good deal. I see the stuff for Mita, but a PV list would be helpfull.

I would recommend

Fajita Banana - Nuevo Vallarta

Raccon Taco Place close to Candy's

Pipi's - downtown PV

The Happy Lobster- downtown PV South

PV Marina???

Anyplace else that is good now?

Upvote 0