PV Resturaunts

mexbound

Sep 3, 2006
San Diego
Name
Travis
Boat
workin on it
the Taco Stand in La Cruz. Great tacos and only open on Friday and Saturday. Bring your cooler, bottle, whatever you want.

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
Brasil in downtown PV was freaking awesome, all you want varieties of meat. :drool:

zigzag

Captain
Aug 6, 2005
PV / Mexico
Name
Dave
Boat
BERTRAM 35
Is it Pipi's or Pepe's? ( the taco restaurant downtown ).

Awesome tacos, just ask Vince #19.

Drew recommends going for the A/C which makes the dining room so cold in August that you need to sit right next to the grill in the kitchen to stay warm!!
PIPIS standing room only local gringos hang out.

tonyfrompa

Nov 9, 2006
pennsylvania
Name
tony
Boat
none, paying for everyone elses boat, 1 trip at a time.
I like Meson Bay in Bucerias....Last time I was there they had an all you can eat barbecue for something like $13 USD...Included T-bones, and New York Strip.....Also, they make a real good marquirita.....

Another favorite is Mauricios....They are between PV and Nuevo Vallarta, opposite side of the main road from the airport. Closes early (maybe 7:00PM) and a place where most customers are locals. Excellent seafood and prices are very reasonable. Complimentary tequila after dinner....Strike up a conversation with the waiter, flash a "nice" propina and the "free" tequila keeps coming!!!!!!!

Going down on the 20th for 2 weeks and will definitely check these 2 out and more of the suggestions others have made.

Of course, hoping for grilled tuna land tuna sashimi as well, but got to catch one first!!!!!!!

ALUMINATOR

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 16, 2003
North San Diego County
caspsolutions.com
Name
Dennis
Boat
27' self built
"the racoon place is called MAPACHIS....... that's where you go after Candies............ or Prestige or Hysteria........ best deal in town and open till 6:00 AM............ I think I ate some tacos there this morning"

This is one of the best places for a taco in town. Open late in the afternoon and only Jeff would know how late they stay open.. LOL

David (zig zag) took me up town one night to a great seafood place but my bet is that you would need a taxi to find it again!

Lots of good eating down there.

Reactions: HRPuff&Stuff

jureal

Oct 9, 2003
Torrance, CA
Name
mel shimizu
Boat
none
I have heard that El Coleguita in Ixtapa is great for seafood. Going to try it in November. They also have a new location in Marina Vallarta at Calle Popa, local 2A & 2B. Fajitas Bananas is always good and close to the boat docks.

Fishmon

MoeFoe
Oct 10, 2004
Kingsley, Mi
Name
Jeff Ackerman
Boat
Hatteras 41c
Tacos and Beer. If you walk out of the SW corner of the PV marina and keep heading south 1 block you are there. Both tacos and beer are $1. The tacos pastor (marinated pork) are BOMB.

Bullshipper

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 4, 2006
Yucaipa/San Carlos, Sonora
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
I think this is enough for now.

PV RESTURANT LIST

NUEVO VALLARTA
El Pescatore in NV by the yacht club-expensive
Fajita Republic - Nuevo Vallarta-reasonable
Brazil in the Paradise Village mall
Taco Stand in La Cruz
Meson Bay in Bucerias-an all you can eat barbecue $13 USD magarita

NEAR PV MARINA
Mapache (Raccon) Taco Place close to Candy's-inexpensive
Barcelona-Paella and pitchers of sangria- 2 blocks north of McDonalds in PV
Fajita Banana - PV Marina
Waffle House Breakfast on Malecon PV Marina-NW side
Victor's Place- Dorado fish Tacos-PV Marina
Buenos Aires in the marina

DOWNTOWN PV
Pipi's - downtown PV-reasonable
The Happy Lobster- downtown PV South-Inexpensive to reasonable
Brasil's- downtown

Ron Mexico

Natural Born Killer
Sep 9, 2007
In a van down by the river
Name
Angelo DePaola
Boat
23' contender Riden Dirty
the Taco Stand in La Cruz. Great tacos and only open on Friday and Saturday. Bring your cooler, bottle, whatever you want.
Hell ya the Taco stand in La Cruz is Kck Ass & last time I was there I got some ass, not bad for a Gringo that doesn't know a lick of Spanish.

capt josh

Sep 5, 2004
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Name
Capt Josh Temple
Boat
"MAXIMO" 57 Dean Johnson & "CONQUISTADOR" 40 Cabo Express
Hell ya the Taco stand in La Cruz is Kck Ass & last time I was there I got some ass, not bad for a Gringo that doesn't know a lick of Spanish.
That's actually not that surprising...burrows don't really understand words...just the crack of the whip...you can't really claim that one...

:_smack_:

capt josh

Sep 5, 2004
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Name
Capt Josh Temple
Boat
shit you guys bored or something??? what's next...ummm...

book your hotel, flight, and fishing...leave the rest up to chance...too much planning equals no spontaneous fun and you might as well start calling yourselves bitches...pass the tampons please...oh...forgot...was that on the list????

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Naw, gotta disagree with you on that one JT. With all my surf trips, catching long range boats there to Clipperton, and now fished a few days, I'm fairly comfortable down there.
But IMO, this list is nice for the new people who aren't so comfortable.
And it can still be spontaneous: walking along, see a restaraunt that on the list, say, I am hungry, BINGO!
I think it's a good thing, thanks to Jeff for starting the thread.

Bullshipper

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 4, 2006
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
shit you guys bored or something??? what's next...ummm...

book your hotel, flight, and fishing...leave the rest up to chance...too much planning equals no spontaneous fun and you might as well start calling yourselves bitches...pass the tampons please...oh...forgot...was that on the list????
We're coming down for 12 days to entertain some guests, and I only knew of 2-3 resturants in PV that were any good to take them too.

So I'm so sorry that the idea of using experience between members to find some good spots goes against what you think is appropiate.
In other words, FU bitch. :fighting0061:

Reactions: Splat Shot Sal

capt josh

Sep 5, 2004
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Name
Capt Josh Temple
Boat
that's the spirit...just wanted to make sure you weren't going to start asking what kind of panties we're all wearing this morning...

:rofl:

Blowme'

Beers on me when you get down...and after you get back up...if you nibbled...

:rofl:

seriously though...glad to hear you're coming back down bro...see you soon...

Mr.snook

Aug 13, 2006
Puerto Vallarta
Name
Carlos Ernesto Sanchez Borbolla
Boat
SNOOK MAFIA
PV RESTAURANT.

ERNESTO'S GOOD GRUB,,,, THEY HAVE THE BEST TORTILLA SOUP AND B.B.Q. RIBS IN TOWN........

RAFAEL OZUNA # 157
NEAR TO THE VERSALLES MOVIE THEATRE.

coldpizza

I wanna go fishing.....
Jun 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Name
Len
Boat
20', Grady White, Cold Pizza
I concur with Barcelona. Was down there last year at the Hook the Cure tournament and ate there with my wife. It was a hit and I was a hero for finding it.....

gringofrijolero

gringofrijolero
Nov 19, 2007
North Lake Tahoe
Name
Capt. Ben
Boat
23.25 Harbercraft Kingfisher
fyi manana and paolos both are no longer. hectors is always good in mita. cafe luna just up from the harbor is great for cheap breakfast and good real coffee. another great place to eat is The Oasis, on the road between Mita and Sayulita, good carne asada cooked over real wood fire. the salsa is epic, all tomatoes and peppers fire roasted for a real outdoor cookout flavor. 60 pesos for the meat plate with homemade tortillas, sausage and beans and rice. El Guero, the owner and waiter alwayshas some special appetizer for you too. Just look for the palapa about 1 mile from the turnoff to sayulita from mita. good eats and cold beer

Bullshipper

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 4, 2006
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
Brazil in the Paradise Village mall is good if you're really hungry.

I hear the Brazil downtown is even better.
Tried Brazils again after a few months in Paradise mall and was disapointed- even though is was barbequed, it was still vey greasy. Place was deserted all during the 12 days we were around.

GlacierMan

Dec 28, 2007
Where the fish are...
Name
CoHo-Bo
Boat
Grady or a Pursuit.. whaddeva
Can you start an additional category for best Fish Taco's and what town?

Thanks in advance,,as you can see..I'm a big man.

A Guy's gotta eat.

Bo