wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Sitting in PV, waiting for my time to board, reflecting on what a great trip we just enjoyed on Danny Osuna’s No Tuna No Chinga, a 50’ Delta!
Service from the crew really gets going early, as Roberto and Alejandro met us at the airport, grabbed our gear and took us to the boat!
Upon arrival, Danny greeted us, showed us around.
The boat is in immaculate condition, from now to stern. Bilges were spotless!
The beds were nice, they even provide a towel, body wash,less stuff to bring next time.
All on board, off we go.
First stop: bait guys. Loaded up on cabailltos, and next stop would be between 1 and 3 for squid.
We did well on the squid, caught plenty in about an hour. Off to the fishing grounds.
Ran over some meter marks, so we tried for a little while, to no avail. Got to where Danny had his better fishing on the last trip, and after a couple hours of watching we finally had our first hookup. Theron fought it a while, seemed like a good fish, but pulled the hook.
More in a while...( on the plane now, I’ll try)
Mark was up next, hooks up on the balloon and it’s a good one.
About that time, I get bit. Another good one. I was bound and determined to get mine in before Mark Jackson but his 208 hit the deck well before mine.
My next goal was to get mine in before sundown...NOPE!
Mean fish, even thought about tapping out. But eventually I won the battle, a whopping 341 by tape, (57x84)
Nacho had dinner ready, and I was hungry after that battle.
About 3 am, I got up, caught a pargo, got Darin Dohi up, and we caught pargo, amberjacks, Jack crevelles, bonito, night jacks, and had a blast. Danny caught a few scads for bait, and we went on the hunt for tuna.
Morning was slow, then we found a nice zone, ended up catching quite a few on flyline cabbies. Mostly 80-100 lb fish, perfect size to cut up later at the dock.
Later, Theron got a balloon bite, a 250, he did a great job.
Last day was tough, I got a few bites , lost em all🤦‍♂️ oh well, my trip was made day one!
We had a few blowouts late, but missed em.
It was typical PV fishing, fishing 100-130 in the less light situations, dropping to 80# during the day, maybe even dropping hook size down to a 4/0!All flyline bites were on shoulder hooked cabbies. The kites and balloons work well, best with GFly flyers. Nothing on squid or double trouble. We did make some scads, and got a 180 on one of those.
After finished fishing, the crew went about letting out lines out behind the boat, get the line twist out, and winding the line smoothly back on the reel. They take our reels off, clean and rinse with fresh water, wash our rods off. They also are very dedicated to taking good care of their loaner Okuma reels, if they see a bad spot in the spectra, they splice it out! In the morning they loaded up our AO coolers, 50# of prime vacuum sealed fish, and get us a taxi to get back to the airport.
8C95AE77-0353-44EA-A5ED-B897CD85C0E7.jpeg
FB2281D9-EFF3-41F0-A2C3-62D9E20EC245.jpeg
07781CF2-64B4-47D1-88EA-D3457C0FB726.jpeg
04322084-B58B-4404-8822-359FAF589C75.jpeg
C66204C4-B560-4A97-8477-B6EB5EF3B137.jpeg
088AA4B5-51DA-4F74-B255-46517E37B439.jpeg
C1033C23-95B6-48C0-97FB-ABA94C91C74A.jpeg
633C05E3-E5C8-4A02-A576-1CB9451F33C0.jpeg
E217DD3E-1506-4EEB-8F68-92C87FF8C58F.jpeg
B01EDFF4-1F61-4FB7-9C50-2111440AA798.jpeg
E5425F3F-5F97-4A4F-8860-D6501903BD28.jpeg
A43DB44B-89AE-47B6-9A2D-54BF6460745E.jpeg
All in all, a great trip. It’s a fantastic outfit, book a trip, you won’t be disappointed.
F08E3617-2C07-4561-B96A-12AD0C93E891.jpeg

GaffnLaff

Rum is Tackle
Dec 3, 2003
Bay Park
Visit site
Name
Dave Cairncross
Boat
Currently looking for a new Ho'ing opportunity
Amazing, Love those huge sickles!!!

Oldtimer2

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 29, 2020
Iowa City Iowa
Name
Rob Malone
Boat
don't got no boat
Wahoodad,
Great report, fantastic pictures. Thank you. The time you took was appreciated.

Uhh, a question. What is "PV"? Puerto Vallarta?
(I'm pretty darn sure it ain't Palos Verdes, unless there is a new strain of norther YFT. :p: )

Is that 341 the largest one you've caught, a personal best?

You may not remember this, but on our LR trips, way back then, you were extremely nice and helpful to Wifeo and I. (You are David=Wahoodad, right?) We've never forgotten.

Good luck in your continued fishing adventures.

Reactions: jiggermyster

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Wahoodad,

(I'm pretty darn sure it ain't Palos Verdes, unless there is a new strain of norther YFT. :p: )

You may not remember this, but on our LR trips, way back then, you were extremely nice and helpful to Wifeo and I. (You are David=Wahoodad, right?) We've never forgotten.

I was hoping that wasn't a new Oldtimer :D
Yeah, now Wahoodad is an oldtimer! PV = Puerto Vallarta
It was close to my personal best, 9 pounds light from a tie!
It kicked my butt, but I did not tap out, that's a moral victory at 65 :D

Good to see you, hope all is well in these crazy times.

Reactions: terryc.

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
Wahoodad,

Oh, this is that OT? School teacher, iirc.
Do you have a scar from when Surfdoc Stan (RIP) dug that sardine spine out of your finger?

Ah, the good ol' days.
@wahoodad
@rdrrm8e

Reactions: wahoodad

Oldtimer2

Jul 29, 2020
Iowa City Iowa
Name
Rob Malone
Boat
don't got no boat
Oh, this is that OT? School teacher, iirc.
Do you have a scar from when Surfdoc Stan (RIP) dug that sardine spine out of your finger?
Yep. Was here at B. D. years ago. The site wouldn't let me back in as plain Oldtimer...not remember password. Hence the "2" . Retired now, got time but no money, and getting old and decrepit. We STILL remember those trips...best times we ever had.

The finger sent me to the hospital for 3 days in SD with an infection. Lost about 10% of the finger. Infection went sepsis. Wore gloves on all trips after that. :-)
How are you doing?

Reactions: jiggermyster

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Good work! I’ll be there at the end of the week!

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
Yep. Was here at B. D. years ago. The site wouldn't let me back in as plain Oldtimer...not remember password. Hence the "2" . Retired now, got time but no money, and getting old and decrepit. We STILL remember those trips...best times we ever had.

The finger sent me to the hospital for 3 days in SD with an infection. Lost about 10% of the finger. Infection went sepsis. Wore gloves on all trips after that. :-)
How are you doing?
Now I remember seeing you after the finger incident.
I remember you more from Allcoast than BD. To much pr0n here back in the day, to browse 'during working hours'.

Doing fine, thanks for asking.
Been spending most of my fishing $$ up in Alaska.

IMG_3636.JPG

canyonman

Dec 2, 2005
brooklyn
Name
joe
Boat
Independence
Dave that fish is sick. Looks long with room to fill out. Congrats!

Kcosca

Nov 23, 2005
Phoenix
Name
Kevin
Boat
53" Hatteras
Nice goin! Get most of the fish off the South Island?

pele

May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
Congratulations on a great fish/trip.The entire Osuna family is really a class act-honest,hard working and fun to be around.Oh, and they catch fish too!

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
How was the virus plague situation in town and at the airport?

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
How was the virus plague situation in town and at the airport?
Piece of cake. Everything is open, when you walk through customs both ways they have an infrared camera, I guess they’ll stop you if they see you are warmer than normal.
At the end, you fill out a form saying where you’ve been, and ask if you’ve contacted anyone with the virus.

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
Piece of cake. Everything is open, when you walk through customs both ways they have an infrared camera, I guess they’ll stop you if they see you are warmer than normal.
At the end, you fill out a form saying where you’ve been, and ask if you’ve contacted anyone with the virus.
Bueno
Going to Punta Mita in February to fish with Lora. Hope nothing changes by then.