PENN

jorgepelon

Feb 23, 2005
San Clemente, CA
Name
Jorge
Boat
Never again, until the next one.
Thanks for the report Doghouse26. Anyone who has been fishing on a Blackman as long as you have is sure to have valuable information to report. You did not disappoint. Next time. As we all know, you indeed have to put in time for BFT and sometimes getting lucky is nice too. Next time!

Reactions: DOGHOUSE26
Upvote 0

soopaflyjm1

Nov 6, 2012
Las Vegas Nv Clark
Name
J Money
Boat
Reel Fun
All 4 bites stuck; 120#, 125#, 185#. 7'6" UC Viper w/Mak 20 SEa loaded w/700 yards of 100# JB Metered Braid w/100# fluoro topshot. Big fish was 185# landed in less than 20 minutes; finished the fight w/40# of drag. Absolutely Loved the Viper/Mak combo; first trip for this rig not even close to bottomed out with 40# of drag on that fish.
I have the same setup. I felt like the reason I wasn't getting bit last trip was the slow retrieve of the mak 20. Did you crank like hell or just steady ?

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
I have the same setup. I felt like the reason I wasn't getting bit last trip was the slow retrieve of the mak 20. Did you crank like hell or just steady ?
Just steady retrieve. Boat was doing the work/large short period swells imparted quite a bit of action to the jig

Upvote 0