caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
We boarded one of my favorite boats - PAC Queen for our annual 1st of the new year Colinet Trip !

note - caught my first YT in 1978 on this boat (yes I am old)

Familiar faces and Gavin was hopeful the YT would be on the high points. Flat calm and the morning sunset was a good one ! YT made two visits to the boat (once in the morning / once before dark). I hooked up in the late afternoon on 50lb and it was a nice one. Buckled down drag and it was pulling line. Unfortunately it busted the heavy string ! Grabbed my 7x Mint heavy and cast out again and whammo! Dragged in my only YT for the day in short order and I was on books with my 1st 2019 YT. Rockfish was decent and caught my limit on the Jax in-between YT hunt. Flat calm and drizzles made for nice fishing ! Dinner was great and overall a very good trip indeed!

pic1.jpg pic2.png pic3.jpg pic4.png pic5.jpg pic 6.jpg

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
We boarded one of my favorite boats - PAC Queen for our annual 1st of the new year Colinet Trip !

Familiar faces and Gavin was hopeful the YT would be on the high points. Flat calm and the morning sunset was a good one ! YT made two visits to the boat (once in the morning / once before dark). I hooked up in the late afternoon on 50lb and it was a nice one. Buckled down drag and it was pulling line. Unfortunately it busted the heavy string ! Grabbed my 7x Mint heavy and cast out again and whammo! Dragged in my only YT for the day in short order and I was on books with my 1st 2019 YT. Rockfish was decent and caught my limit on the Jax in-between YT hunt. Flat calm and drizzles made for nice fishing ! Dinner was great and overall a very good trip indeed!

View attachment 992175 View attachment 992176 View attachment 992177 View attachment 992178 View attachment 992179 View attachment 992180
nice Job Mike, what color, and how heavy where the
Jax Jigs that worked , and what was the heaviest,
sinker, guys had to use to stay on the Bottom.

Reactions: locvetter
Upvote 0

Michael T.

Apr 12, 2015
Lucerne Valley, California
Name
Michael T.
Boat
Nitro 170 TF

View attachment 992175 View attachment 992176 View attachment 992177 View attachment 992178 View attachment 992179 View attachment 992180

YOU ARE OLD.....NOW THAT IS FUNNY...JUST Wait you Dumb ass.....WTF.....HA..HA

Reactions: jigsaurus
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Busted off on 50 lb.? They sure pull hard!

Reactions: MDC
Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Great report and nice fork. Glad you all had a great trip. Flat ocean a good thing.
OLD? Hell I caught my 1st yellow on Pacific Queen with original owner/legend Eddie McEwen in the early 60's as a teenager.Yep my 1st yellow and seabass too.
Xmas Jigmaster 500, and a 7ft Roddy, wrapped by Leon, now of Calstar fame.
You're still a pup, get back out there! LOL

Upvote 0