Pulling and installing a new engine. (Need help)

clelandracing

The Masterbaiter
Jul 11, 2010
Colton, California USA
Name
Shane
Boat
Bayliner 2655 sunbridge, Skipjack 25
Hi all. Long story short.. bought a "new" engine. Was a pile of shit, my buddy installed it with his crane. He had a heart attack last weekend (doing good but out of commission for a few months) and I now have a bad engine in my boat that I need pulled out and a brand new crate engine installed. I'm a mechanic for a living so I'm doing all the work I just need someone to lift the motor out and lower the new motor in. Boat yards are booked months in advance right now so I'm looking for someone that knows someone with a boom on a service truck or a large gantry crane that won't break the bank. I will drive wherever it is, I just want to get the family back on the water. If anyone has a lead on someone please message me here or text me at 951-727-6749. Thanks in advance!!

Screenshot_20210512-181451_Messenger.jpg

Upvote 0

tuna sniffer

SD '63
Jun 16, 2005
La Mesa
Name
Mark
Boat
1 tin 1 glass
Look up Kapdan on here. He provides the service you are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: marlyn and split172
Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    When I pulled mine I rented a towable cherry picker. Was only like $25/day and did the trick. But your boat looks like it may sit higher.

Upvote 0

fishgrappler

Jul 4, 2015
    Name
    Bru
    Boat
    Skipjack 24 Open
    Look up Kapdan on here. He provides the service you are looking for.

I called him about a year ago - said he doesn't own that truck anymore.

I rented a forklift for about $150 for the day. For another $30 they would dropoff and pickup. We opted to drive it home and drive it back, no joke.

Upvote 0

MarineDieselDr.

Almost A Member
    May 18, 2013
    NPB
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    24 Bimini Marine CC
    Where the new engine? Can you get it in the bed of a truck?
    If you can tow the boat and get the engine coming with it, I can do it Saturday. Shops in Costa Mesa. Have everything ready. Engine ready to lift and new one ready to stab. Don't mind helping just can't spend the whole day doing it.
    LMK

Upvote 0