Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
May 15, 2009
San diego
Name
James
Boat
20' Baja Bayrunner
Decided to call in sick today and make a run to the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:place w:st=
Islands</st1:place>. My buddy Hammer and I launched form <st1:placeName w:st="on">Shelter</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Island</st1:placeType> at daybreak, baited up and motored down to the <st1:place w:st="on">Islands</st1:place>. When we arrived we saw some birds working off Pukey Point. We were metering some bait in the water, and the propos started working the area too. I thought maybe we stumbled on a <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">school</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Yellows</st1:placeName></st1:place>. We worked it hard with the iron and sardines to no avail. We were monitoring the radio and it seemed the water had turned up, and the yellows were not around. We started working the meter and found some good structure on the bottom holding some fish. We bottom fished the rest of the day. Hammer and I ended up with a nice mixed batch of rock fish. We had to work it, but they were there. Picked up a quality red. All in all not a bad day on the water. Much better than being at work.

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
May 15, 2009
San diego
Name
James
Boat
20' Baja Bayrunner
Nice work! what kind of boat were you guys on? We were down there too and loaded up on reds at the same area. No yellows for us either

20' Baja Bayrunner. I saw a few boats pull up close to where we were, but they moved on pretty quick.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
At least you got out! I called in sick but only worked on my boat.

Upvote 0

Kelpbedhead

Hippie Hater
May 15, 2009
San diego
Name
James
Boat
20' Baja Bayrunner
I was on the skippy, we must have missed you. we were outta there by about 7 am though

We didn't show up out there till about 7:30-8. We made a couple stops on the way out. Saw some birds and porpus working some bait. Threw some iron, but just bait. Them yellers are out there. It's gonna be a great year. I can feel it!

Upvote 0